‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus Is beyond descriptiom, 21 Aug 2013
This review is from: Jesus Is (Paperback)
I don’t read books let alone buy them. I heard Judah Smith speak recently at Hillsong Conference in London and found him amazing; he is a young pastor and is really funny with a POWERFUL message. This book is awesome, filled it powerful messages as well as humour which makes it an easy read. I recommend it to all, whether you are a believer or not and it has made me fall in love with Jesus even more and has taken my relationship to another level.

God bless.

5.0 out of 5 stars if you need be forgiven and need grace, like I do - this book is for you., 7 Jun 2013
I was laughing and crying while reading this amazing book. I have been Christian for 15 years but this book refreshed me so much I feel like I have been born again, again. Must read for those who feel like they are not worthy to look in too the eyes of Jesus.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jesus is.... By Judah Smith, 1 July 2013
J. KEEL - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jesus Is (Paperback)
Jesus is..... the latest book from Judah Smith. His writing is very easy to read and seeks to get people thinking about Jesus. Jesus evokes a response from everyone whether negative or positive or indifferent and this book seeks to help the reader understand and even re-imagine who Jesus really is

The book is based upon scripture but the style of writing can sometimes flit between stories and ideas. I don't mind this style but can understand how some people could find it hard to follow the track of the discussion.

Judah Smith breaks the book into six main sections:

Jesus is your friend

Jesus is grace

Jesus is the point

Jesus is happy

Jesus is here

Jesus is alive

They sound simple but the way that Judah Smith writes puts a new and culturally relevant spin on approaching age old truths. In conclusion Judah Smith writes;

My prayer is that the love of Jesus will consume you, that it will permeate your life and bring colour to your existence. There is nothing like it

I would definitely recommend this book, particularly to those who want to re-discover a passion and love for Jesus. It's an inspirational read and full of great stories of Jesus' love and faithfulness!

Not only is it a good read, but it leaves an open ended question even when you've put the book down. Jesus is.....?

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus is happy!, 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: Jesus Is (Paperback)
I received an advance copy of this book and once I started reading it I could not stop. It's a unique book in as much as it manages to speak to to all people at various walks of their faith. You can read this book if you're an unbeliever, a new believer or someone who has been in the Christian faith for years. One thing Judah Smith does so effortlessly is deliver the message of Jesus in such a simple yet profound way.

When you read the book you feel as though you're speaking to a friend. You feel as though Judah is sitting in the room having a casual conversation with you. Judah Smith reminds me of that friend we all have. He's fun to be around, he's chatty, he's jokey but once you enter a deep conversation with him, he effortlessly makes profound statements s which make you gasp, nod voraciously and change opinions you may have held for years.

He describes the concepts of grace and love with a combination of such ease and depth. As you read the book, you feel as though Judah has written a book about his best friend and can't wait to tell you how amazing he is! Which is exactly what he's done. His excitement about his personal relationship with Jesus is so evident throughout the book that you can't help but want to know more about Jesus. Then as you read you begin to discover exactly why Judah is so excited about Jesus.

Each title is titled Jesus is _____ with a word filling the gap, which made the book easier to read, as it came across as a collection of short stories compiled to piece together one bigger story. Each chapter stands alone in describing Jesus, yet combined they all fit together to give the reader an understanding of Jesus' purpose on earth, his divinity and his role in our lives.

Personally, my favourite chapter was 'Jesus is Happy'. It made me smile. It made me laugh. And it made me realise that above all, Jesus was happy because of us, because he's proud of us, because he cares for us; because he loves us.

I would recommend this book to everyone and anyone. There is absolutely no-one,in my opinion, who would not have something to gain from reading this book. So if you're looking for a book about Jesus not drenched in complex theological terms but simply introducing you to Jesus, go for this one!

You'll laugh alot reading this book. A heck of a lot. But more importantly, you'll get to know more about Jesus than you probably ever thought possible.

4.0 out of 5 stars A creative reminder of God's Grace, 4 July 2013
I was unsure what this book would be like and was a little sceptical to begin with. Maybe it's part of my British sensibilities to be slightly wary of a pastor of a huge church. What's the catch. What's really pulling them in
However this book is a refreshing read and Judah points our hearts and minds to Jesus and the beauty of his grace. He does this in an attractive and readable way. I concur with the premise that his grace shows us a new way to be human. The gospel frees us from trying to prove ourselves, our restless busy lives sadly reflect the opposite. Therefore this book is much needed in a world where people don't know Jesus and where Christians seek to justify ourselves by our performance. I think deep down we know how amazing his grace is, we just tend to forget it. Remind yourself of his grace by reading this book it is refreshing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesus is......., 22 April 2013
I. Walker (Milton Keynes, UK) - See all my reviews
Judah Smith is a great communicator of spiritual truth. He shows his funny side and also his personal vulnerability in reminding us that fulness of life does not come from wealth, material possessions, a great job etc., but from knowing Jesus. Jesus is....grace. Grace is a person. Everyone should read this book and come back to basics.

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring book, 21 Aug 2013
Very thought provoking. An easy book to read with great humour.
A great book to pick up and read anywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanx for sharing Judah, 31 July 2013
Great read, am glad I bought it. Has given me a different view of who Jesus Is_ beautifully written in simple language that anyone would understand! Would recommend to Christians and non Christians alike. Judah is right is Christians need to lighten up some :)

5.0 out of 5 stars very deep revelation about Jesus, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Jesus Is (Paperback)
My wife was the firs who read this book. She was very enthousiastic about the deep revelation about Jesus. It is a book what shows that Jesus very 2013.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Jesus Is (Paperback)
Loved this book from start to finish! It was like having Judah Smith in my living room- written just as he preaches. Such a relevant book to our world now. Would recommend this read to all.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Jesus Is
Jesus Is by Judah Smith (Paperback - 30 Jan 2013)
9.99