5.0 out of 5 stars Very accessible, 24 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Who Do You Think You Are?: Finding Your True Identity in Christ (Hardcover)
Who Do You Think You Are starts by exploring the theme of identity, and identifying many of the different false idols we base our identity on. Mark then works through the book of Ephesians, firstly establishing that as Christians our identity is in Christ, then over the next 14 chapters exploring various aspects of what that means under the format of `I am {characteristic}', covering how in Christ we are saints, blessed, appreciated, saved, reconciled, afflicted, heard, gifted, new, forgiven, adopted, loved, rewarded and victorious. This is essentially a Christian alternative to a self-help book, with the message that we cannot help ourselves, but Jesus can.
A lot of the stuff covered in this book is nothing groundbreaking or new, but the way it is set out in one book, well explained and well referenced with many Bible passages to back it up makes this a very helpful book, both for those who are new to faith and so may not have heard much about our identity in Christ, but also to those who have been believers for a long time as it offers good explanations of things that as you read through you will find yourself agreeing with, but would have struggled to explain if asked before reading it.
If you are a relatively new believer, or would like a better understanding of our identity in Christ, or want to be better able to teach others what it means to be in Christ this is a great book, broken down into very manageable sections, that doesn't require any prior theological training or expertise to get into.

I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program, and also from the Mars Hill Church Who Do You Think You Are Street Team. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and Challenging, 31 Mar. 2014
I've had to stop reading the book a number of times, so I can medidate of scripture and change aspects of my life. My identify has been challenged, It has comforted me and It's brilliant.
Everything is backed up with scripture, making sure it is truly God inspiried and God centred. This is a brilliant book and one i will use to help equip myself as i teach.
Thank you Mark, and everyone involved with the making of this book. It is simply awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars "Like"(thumbs up) Christ, 22 Jan. 2013
Judah Thomas (Indiana, PA, US) - See all my reviews
This book takes a very good expository look at the book of Ephesians tackling one of the most important issues in our Christian walk...our identity! Most books and study guides go through the person that is -YOU and how to be a better you....but this study (and rightly so) go through the person that is - CHRIST in you!

An invitation to DIG IN TO GOD's WORD...and put the spotlight back on JESUS (Christ our identity)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 12 Aug. 2013
It is a good read and worthwhile the time to increase your knowledge on the subject of Christian identity. Also reading a commentary on Ephesians like The Message of Ephesians by John Stott, I would also recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 14 Nov. 2013
I found the item very useful and I had no problem with it and I did not wait for it too much but exactly the time suggest at the time of the purchasing. thank you

4.0 out of 5 stars Mark Driscoll, Who do you think you are?, 12 Feb. 2013
The book is answers the one question you need to ask: who am I in Christ? Being a christian can be like driving in a foreign city. You try living on the straight and narrow but instead take a wrong turn onto the wide avenue of sin and temptation. In the process, you become discouraged and condemned, limping along in your faith-or giving up altogether. But this isn't the Christian Life, you can make a U turn.

Pastor Mark Driscoll knows that underlying our struggles in life is the issue of our identity. "The fundamental problem we have in this world" he says "is that we don't understand who we truly are-children of God made in his image- and define ourselves by any number of things other than Jesus. Only by knowing our false identity apart from Christ in comparison to our true identity in him can we finally deal with and overcome the issues in our lives"

Who are you in Christ? Among other things:

You are a saint
You are blessed
You are saved
You are afflicted
You are heard

You aren't what's been done to you but what Jesus has done for you. You aren't what you do but what Jesus has done. What you do doesn't determine who you are. Rather, who you are in Christ determines what you do. These are fundamental truths that Pastor Mark explores in depth throughout Who Do You Think You Are? Finding Your True Identity in Christ.

This book is great its layout makes it really easy to read as each part is in short digesable chunks, you could easily dip in and out of this book if you wanted to, like after you had read it if you wanted later down the line to remind yourself of a particular section, to build yourself back up encourage yourself, then you could easily do this with this book! I got lots out of this book I was reminded of some really important truths that I needed to hear. Each section had a truth there to offer you and encourage you in, its a brilliant book for new christians especially as it would give them a base a guideline of who they now are in Christ! I'm so glad I read this book it has reminded me of who I am in Christ.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who Do You Think You Are? by Mark Driscoll, 11 Jan. 2013
This book is essentially a sermon series in book form, walking through the book of Ephesians from start to finish. The subtitle is 'Finding Your True Identity in Christ,' which captures the theme that runs through the book, but there's a lot more in it than simply a redefinition of identity.

I've read most of Mark Driscoll's stuff, and my thoughts in the past have always been that his writing style seems so close to his preaching style that it doesn't really lend itself to doctrine-focussed books (which is what most of his previous ones have been) - I read this expecting to like the content, but not be too enamored by the presentation. It turns out he's struck a winning formula in this one.

Although perhaps not as funny as some of his other books, this is a solid, Driscoll-style presentation of Ephesians, taking a few verses and breaking them down in each chapter into a number of easy-to-digest points, with challenging and practical ways to apply the lessons learnt throughout. He's a massive fan of footnotes and endnotes, which means that it's easy to find out what Bible passage to look up to follow an idea through, or which book to buy next if you want to explore an idea.

In short, I don't think I'm going too far to say this is Driscoll's best book out there. It's easy to read, thoroughly biblical, and contains an important message that people need to hear. With some insignificant reservations I'd recommend it to anyone, but particularly new Christians, and Christians who don't think they need to read it. That might be you!

I got this book for free from BookSneeze.com in exchange for an honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 21 Feb. 2015
Makes you realise a few things! that's all im saying

5.0 out of 5 stars Important message, enjoyable read., 21 Jan. 2013
Well written enjoyable read. Would recommend to anyone who has read any Mark Driscoll before and enjoyed it... but It's perfectly accessible to someone who isn't familiar with the author.

Give it a read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 21 Jan. 2013
R. Douglas (Southampton) - See all my reviews
I have loved seeing the developments in this mans teaching and this book is not exception to the incredibly high standard he sets himself.

Who Do You Think You Are?: Finding Your True Identity in Christ
Who Do You Think You Are?: Finding Your True Identity in Christ by Mark Driscoll (Hardcover - 8 Jan. 2013)