5.0 out of 5 stars This was such a good book!!!, 14 May 1999
By A Customer
This is one of the best books I have ever read !!!! It tells us a lot about the history of Queen Elizabeth 1 ,one of Europes greatest monarchs, who defeated the Spanish Armada in the year 1588. She ruled England for 45 years,from 1588 to 1603. She was a very smart leader, who could speak: English, French, Italian, Latin, and Greek. Under her rule England's power increased greatly. When she ruled, she lived in London, near the English Channel. She also knew Francis Drake, and William Shakespere. She was a great leader who has a great diary I recomend to everyone interested in the renaissance !!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 6 Feb 2009
A Kid's Review
elizabeth the first was one of the most important queens of england that helped build up english history.

In this book, elizabeths fictional diary, she describes how much she wants to become noticed by her father, the infaumous (for having six wives)king henry viii, her dislike of mary and hger wish not to be an princess.

the only thing wrong with this book is that the epilouge is mising a chunk, Lady jane grey was queen before Mary, just to let you know.
I really enjoyed this book, so anyone who can get hold of it, read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good book!!!, 15 May 1999
By A Customer
This book was a fictional diary of Princess Elizabeth, later Queen Elizabeth I, when she was between the ages of eleven and thirteen. Starting in 1544, Elizabeth records her thoughts in a diary given to her by her governess. She tells of her hope to be queen someday even as she struggles with the fact that her father ordered her mother's execution. I highly reccomend this extremely well written book!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best book i have read in a long time!, 6 Aug 1999
By A Customer
I love diary books just like this one and I feel that this book is the best diary book that I have read. I really wish that Kathryn Lasky would write more of these books, because when I read her work the characters, setting, and fellings really come to life and I can picture the story in my head. I can't do that with most stories that I read. She is a wonderful author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly written, good insight into Elizabeth I's girlhood, 4 Aug 1999
By A Customer
Though probably mostly a work of fiction, this book is a wonderful look at what Elizabeth's childhood was probably like. It is funny and entertaining, and a good read. Long Live The Queen!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, excellent!, 28 Jan 2009
A Kid's Review
I really enjoyed this book very much, elizabeth was a very good charecter with lots of spirit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to start off the 'Royal Diaries' series!, 17 Aug 1999
By A Customer
I loved this book. I enjoyed reading about the different castles Elizabeth went to. Highly Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, 9 July 2000
By A Customer
Probably the best diary book that's fiction that I read. It seems realistic enough and like it's really Elizabeth's feelings. Highyly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars It was a great book, 1 Sep 1999
By A Customer
This book was fabulus. It just unfolded everything and was written understandably. I highly recomend it.

Elizabeth I: Red Rose of the House of Tudor, England, 1544 (Royal Diaries)