5.0 out of 5 stars A sceptic who was turned
Hmmm - Ok I must admit I was sceptical about this book at first, but once I came across it and the whole world of 'PUA', I was intrigued and so forked out to see what it was all about. I must admit, I think it works.

Published on 29 Mar 2010 by The Truth

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, But Difficult.
This is a good book. I read it and I've learnt a few things I didn't already know. Perhaps I knew on a subconscious level - that I was doing them without knowing, but now I understand the theory behind why I say silly jokes or "break the barrier of touch" as I called it (Kino being the correct term).

However I found the book, at times, really difficult to get...
Published 17 months ago by Mr. R. Fenton

5.0 out of 5 stars A sceptic who was turned, 29 Mar 2010
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Mystery Method (Hardcover)

I've never really had a problem with confidence and am certainly not shy with girls, but I must admit my success rate has been a bit hit and miss. With some stunning successes and some stunning crash and burn situations.

I found this book confirm a lot of what I all ready knew to be true, and to be honest I was all ready doing a lot of it but was perhaps unaware of what I was doing. Hence the hit and miss history. This book just showed me what exactly it was I was doing right, and where I was going wrong the times I crashed and burned - it made me more concsious of myself.

I would say if you are a guy who has problems picking up girls get this book - it will probably help you out. If like me, your just an average guy who does OK with women, but would like to do better, I think this book will still help you out. I have used a few tips in it since reading it and have considerably upped my success rate. In fact, I would say amazingly so.

It's been about 4 weeks since I finished reading it and I have pulled three girls since. And considering I only go out 1 night a week I consider that a spectacular success rate - especially when you factor in that one weekend I was out on a second date with one of the girls I met the weekend before, so couldn't really make it 4 for 4.

Sounds like I'm bragging or telling porkies, but it's true. And Ok, they may not have been 10's but they are certainly around 8's 8.5's and pretty 'high value' women to use a term from the book. All in all a good, interesting read - especially if like me you find psychology quite interesting - and a book which I think I will read again. And it has got me interested in the whole PUA subject.

4.0 out of 5 stars Straight to the point, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Mystery Method (Hardcover)
If you want to learn the art, get this. It is better than the game for learning. Straight to the point and effective. If you want a good novel in this area, get the Game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Methodo-logical, 14 May 2013
This review is from: The Mystery Method (Hardcover)
The interesting thing about this book is that even if it doesn't make an accomplished PUA out of you, it will at least boost your social skills...The whole concept of opening sets comes in handy when you're at social gatherings , whatever their nature, and may yet give you the skills of coming up as someone social, interesting and friendly with enough methodology thrown in to avoid being the bore that infiltrates groups and sticks to them for the whole night! If you master that part: good, you'll be (more) social! Master the rest and you might even be able to hook up a date, BUT it's not called Mystery METHOD for nothing. The whole PUA deal here is based on flowcharts, concepts and acronyms. They're not hard to remember, but this will not be a casual read , unless you're just reading out of curiosity. On another note, I read The Game BEFORE reading this and I personally felt it made a difference...there are concepts I could more easily relate to as Neil Strauss gave real-life applications through his novel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Im 50/ 50 on this one!, 2 April 2013
J Mistry (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mystery Method (Hardcover)
Not a bad read to get to know the 'rules of the game' in the 'Mystery Method'. Text is a little confusing when there is an explanation and I think that a few things just should not be taken as gospel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great conceptional frame, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Mystery Method (Hardcover)
Most people agree on the fact that the Mystery Method is not up do date anymore and quite cheesy if you interpret it literally and use it nowadays. Still, this book has laid many of the foundations which many other PUA schools use to build upon. Stuff like the ACS scheme, freezing out, etc. are just universal. You can tell the great amount of thought and time Mystery invested into figuring out how exactly human relationship dynamics work.The fact that this lays such a good theoretical ground and that you can build up so easily on it (if you give it enough thought) makes it the single most important book about PUA I have ever read. Recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, But Difficult., 28 Jan 2013
Mr. R. Fenton (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mystery Method (Hardcover)

However I found the book, at times, really difficult to get into. Constantly referencing IOI's, IOD's, DHV, DHL, A1, A2, A3 etc. it was tough trying to remember what each one was, thank god for the glossary at the back!

On one hand I want to say Mystery has overcomplicated the game. But on the other hand, its really an in-depth and almost blueprint of how to pick up a girl.

I'm not gonna lie Mystery has easily had way more woman than I have. But that's his profession. I'm not trying to be a PUA or anything, I just wanted to learn a few extra tips on what to say to woman when talking to them.

The thing is, there's so much to remember, hence why I think it's overcomplicated.

There's another author called Joshua Pellicer, who wrote the Tao of Badass. I read his book and it's less full on. Granted Pellicer skims most the areas that Mystery goes in depth about. But I think that's all you need, or at least that's all I wanted.
Pellicer's book is fun, easy to read and you pick up a few extra tips. But it's clear to see he's influenced by Mystery.

And why not? Mystery is good. The book is in-depth and shows you the science and workings out behind the game itself.

So it's not the worst book I've ever read, not the greatest. But personally, for me I didn't want a full on how-to book like this, I just wanted a few extra tips which, I guess I got from Josh Pellicer.

It's up to you whether you want to buy it or not. Read all the reviews or most of them and come to a decision. For me, I'm 50/50 everything I agree with I also disagree with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 30 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Mystery Method (Hardcover)
This is a very interesting book,for those who lack confidence or lack of experience it's really worthwhile getting. This is also a great book for those with experience, there ways here to improve your chances, and it also gives you a big picture on the thinking of women

5.0 out of 5 stars a valuable guide to seduction!, 23 May 2007
Wayne Redhart "@wayneredhart on Twitter!" (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Mystery Method (Hardcover)
What can I say? It works! This book is a true marvel. My hopes with the gorgeous young lady across the street were looking minimal after an embarrassing situation and I was at a really low ebb. After listening to Paul McKenna's valuable advice I decided to 'take action' and bought myself this book of techniques. Since I have been using the various mind-control techniques outlined here, she has lifted the restraining order (along with her skirt) and she's begging me to divorce or murder my wife! If you're looking for success with the ladies, look no further!

3.0 out of 5 stars A starting point, 24 Jun 2014
A great tool for any beginner, or someone who has been "out of the game" for a while. Easy to read, gives useful examples in areas that could be applied to any social situation.

1.0 out of 5 stars boring, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Mystery Method (Hardcover)
like listening to someone tell you how wonderful they are themselve, for hundreds of pages. you will want to shoot yourself by page 50!

The Mystery Method: How to Get Beautiful Women into Bed
The Mystery Method: How to Get Beautiful Women into Bed by Chris Odom (Audio CD - 25 Jun 2007)
15.49