4.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction to revision, 29 Aug 2014
This review is from: I Hate Revision: Study Skills and Revision Techniques for GCSE, A-level and Undergraduate Exams (Paperback)
As a Psychology A-level student who is a big fan of how useful psychological research can be in improving our lives, I was really glad that Rob had decided to use it continuously throughout the book. It served as a good way to 'back up' his advice with evidence.

The book is also written in a very student-friendly way - there was no confusing academic jargon, which I appreciated.

Other pro's are that the book explains methods of memorisation, such as the method of loci and the keyword technique, that memory champions use to successfully remember vast amounts of information. I've always advocated these methods myself, as they are fantastic 'short-cuts' when trying to remember lot's of info, so I'm glad he didn't ignore them.

I'll definitely be passing this book on to my younger sister, who will be starting her GCSEs soon.

The only reason why I gave it 4 stars, rather than 5, is because for me, much of this information was not new. I've spent a lot of time looking into revision techniques in the past, so that's why.

This isn't a fault with the book. It's just that it is more suited to beginners, which is why I think my sister will find it much more useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 16 Jun 2014
As a parent of 2 kids coming up to their GCSEs and both of whom 'Hate Revision' I didn't know whow to approach this subject to help support them through the process - I particularly enjoyed the psychology studies quoted (and well explained in everyday language) to under pin the advice that was being given. When they finish their end of term exams I'll get them both to read this - hopefully in prep for next year so they are better prepared. Would definitely recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Advice!, 14 Mar 2014
Rob's advice is absolutely spot-on. This guide is full of insight from someone who, despite his age, really knows what he is talking about. I would recommend it to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hu, 30 Nov 2013
Good! Love the book I'm doing gcse no www and I learned a lit from u thanks man have a nice life