5.0 out of 5 stars I needed this
Published 12 months ago by Dr. Ernest J. Hammond

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the right Canon 100D guide for me.
Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars I needed this, 22 Jun. 2014
Dr. Ernest J. Hammond "EJH" (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: David Buschs Canon EOS Rebel SL1/100D GDE Digital SLR Photography (David Busch's Digital Photography Guides) (Paperback)
I often learn about my equipment through use, rather than through reading. However, it wasn't long after receiving my Canon EOS 100D that I decided that it was full-featured enough to merit some help. The author states, honestly enough, that everything you need is in the small handbook that comes with the camera, but also points out (and I agree) that it's small, black and white, and the bare minimum. Buscch's book is the reverse - large, colourful, and plenty of explanation. In addition, he also discourses on some of the unique features of digital photography, and how it differs from the era of film. Plenty of meat here, but approachable. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy if you have brought the Cannon 100D, 29 Jan. 2014
A must buy if you have brought the Cannon 100D, it tells you all that you need to know and gives you advise on how you take out better quality pictures; thus saving you hours of trying to work it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for all Canon 100D owners, 4 Dec. 2013
I have read a few of David's books now and have to say this is without doubt an exceptional well illustrated manual for the D100 that is also so much more! It is a comprehensive Digital Photography guide without being too over the top. I am sure that most people like me that are starting off on the first step of the Digital SLR ladder will appreciate the plain speaking terminology and bite sized topic sections.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the right Canon 100D guide for me., 11 Dec. 2014
I'm fairly experienced, I used a 30D for several years and have several compact Canon digital cameras. On arrival from Amazon I found that this book was unexpectedly heavy with over 400 pages. As stated on the front cover it's a 'Guide to Digital SLR Photography' and has far too much detail for me. It may be an excellent guide for keen photographers but It's not for me so I'll buy David Buschi's compact guide to the Canon EOS 100D.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 16 Mar. 2015
It's a bit much to read through cover to cover but as a reference guide it's just the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Dec. 2014
Terrific way to learn about the camera.