5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, useful addition to the manual
I recently purchased Sonar X2 as a download, so was faced with getting to grips with the software using an electronic manual. I was pleased to see this book was available, written by a knowledgeable author. The book is also on the Cakewalk store; its a pity that Cakewalk don't offer printed versions of their manuals at a reasonable price
Published 17 months ago by Peter Milham

3.0 out of 5 stars A Lot of Reading
Presently trying to get the time to read and digest this book. Work in progress I'm afraid. Give me another couple of months.
Published 8 months ago by Peter G. Walsh

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, useful addition to the manual, 6 July 2013
Peter Milham (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars More Power to you!, 19 April 2013
Mojo "Gazza" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sonar X2 Power!: Comprehensive Guide (Paperback)
I ordered this book back in January and it has only just become available in the UK.
This book (and previous incarnations) has had excellent reviews from people in the music production business whose opinions I have come to trust and I have been looking forward to its arrival.
I have been using the Sonar X2 Producer DAW for nearly 6 months now and as a newbie to digital recording I found the 1900+ page PDF manual difficult to get on with, especially as I hate reading manuals 'on the screen'. Although I can use the program, I don't feel that I have come as far as I would have liked in this time and this is mainly due to that manual, which is comprehensive but very 'dry'.
Well, after a long wait it arrived this morning and I have spent most of the day (between my chores etc) dipping in and out and skimming through the chapters. My initial impression is that this book is eminently 'readable' as well as being ideal for dipping in and getting the answer to a specific issue. The detailed and comprehensive index makes this a pleasant experience; a breath of fresh air compared to the manual.
The size of the pages (A4) and the style of Scott's writing, along with the text boxes giving snippets of information which expand on a topic or giving a tip or shortcut, make a pleasant change to the usual dreary style of similar books. Sonar X2 is a complicated piece of software and, although I have only skimmed the book so far, I believe I can say that this is the sort of book you could easily read from cover to cover or dip in and out as the need arises. Although this book only runs to 448 pages, compared to the manuals 1956, Scott has concentrated on all the things you 'need to know' to get the most from the software. However, he has not forgotten some of the less 'mainstream' topics, as well as providing the 'tips and wrinkles' that could only come from someone who has a deep knowledge and understanding of the software as well as music production.
I am looking forward to working my way methodically through the chapters to bring myself up to speed with the full range of what Sonar X2 has to offer. I think it will remain an essential addition to my reference library for the foreseeable future. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars My GOTO bible for all things SONAR X2, 23 Jun 2013
ian myers (Coventry,, west Midlands, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sonar X2 Power!: Comprehensive Guide (Paperback)
Scott Garrigus is to be commended for writing this book. Topics are handled clearly and logically.I cannot praise this book highly enough. It is placed in my studio where it is close to hand.If you run SONAR X2 do yourself a favour and get hold of this book. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear easy book to use, 12 Jun 2013
A. D. Scotchman (Aberdeen UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sonar X2 Power!: Comprehensive Guide (Paperback)
Once again Scott has written a book ythat is an essential companion to the Sonar X2. Having used Sonar Producer for years as a hobyist musician, I do not use the program enough to b fully proficient, so I use this book to dive in and out of to use new tools / techniques or to remind me of how I did something previously. Its like haveing aexpert at the desk next to you ta ask questions to and remind you of how to do something with Sonar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the purchase, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Sonar X2 Power!: Comprehensive Guide (Paperback)
I decided to buy this book based on ratings from Sonar X1 Power, & I am glad that I did. The book is well laid out & each topic is written so that a newcomer would be able to follow with relative ease.The fact that there are so many topics to cover in all the Sonar X2 DAWs, this book will help you to get at least a working knowledge of these programs, & establish confidence to make pro sounding recordings. There is also information to be gleaned from the author's website to supplement the book.
I think this book is well worth the purchase to get you started on the road to successful recording.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Reference, 5 May 2013
PAUL MORGAN (SWANSEA United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sonar X2 Power!: Comprehensive Guide (Paperback)
I have all of Scott's book and this one brings everything up to date and in a very easy to understand format. I cannot live without this when using Sonar as its really the only source that covers everything you need to know as well as lots of tips to help you throughout your Sonar journey.Scotts has served up yet again another peach!
Thanks again Scott for making my job so much easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scott Garrigus serves up another superb book!, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Sonar X2 Power!: Comprehensive Guide (Paperback)
I must admit to being biased - I have almost all the Sonar books Scott has written. As always, this one is concise, informative and never patronising. Whether you are new to Sonar or like me have played with it for years, you will find this book an invaluable asset to the software.

Very well set out, with easy to read fonts and excellent diagrams / graphics to follow.

Set out in such a way that you can work from front to back and learn loads, or use the comprehensive index as a reference tool too.

To be honest, the huge reference guide that comes with Sonar X2 is good (and so it should be at almost 2000 pages), but this book covers all you need to know to produce excellent results.

Well worth the wait and the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Lot of Reading, 11 April 2014
Peter G. Walsh (Warrenpoint, Co. Down United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

Sonar X2 Power!: Comprehensive Guide
Sonar X2 Power!: Comprehensive Guide by Scott R. Garrigus (Paperback - 12 April 2013)