5.0 out of 5 stars Much more than an Instruction Manual, 13 Dec. 2012
I. R. Evans (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: David Busch's Sony SLT-A37 Guide to Digital Photography (Paperback)
I have been taking photographs for many years, but this is only my second 'serious' camera so I decided to invest in David Busch's book to get the most out of it. The Getting Started and Setting Up chapters are first class, no important detail omitted.
However, the real benefits for me came with the chapters on controlling the exposure, mastering the autofocus and working with lenses. I have since obtained my first prime portrait lens and also a telephoto zoom which, combined with the DB Guide have made owning the camera a real treat.
One thing that influenced my purchase of the Alpha 37 was the ability to shoot HD movies using the viewfinder. I would need to wear my reading spectacles to view the screen which makes this type of camera (with a semi-transparent mirror that allows movie shooting through the viewfinder) ideal for me. However, the David Busch Guide has meant that I am getting far more out of other features of the camera and learning all the time.
A great purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Sonly SLT-A37 Guide, 28 Dec. 2013
This book is rather hefty, but it is very detailed. It isn't the kind of book that you would carry around with you.
This author has produced a much more compact version that can be brought every where with you.
In both books every aspect about the camera is covered and it is full of very useful tips. There isn't much more to say, only like in the advertisement, "that it does every thing that it says on the tin".

5.0 out of 5 stars Make the best use of your camera, 26 Jan. 2014
This is a comprehensive users manual for those who have bought a new camera and may not be aware of some of the new features of their new purchase. Although I have been using Canon cameras for many years-the new models have new features I may not be aware of and this is the manual to point them out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile purchase., 4 Jun. 2013
Really glad I purchased this book. I did dabble with slr's in the past, but am only getting into digital. This works for me as an idiots learning guide to getting the most from my camera. I would definitely recommend this book if you are looking to improve and learn new techniques.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 7 Feb. 2013
Mr. J. Martin "John E P Martin" (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
Normally a title I reserve for The Bible, but this book is well written and has a very approachable style for the novice to intermediate SLR/SLT user...
Every aspect of the camera has been covered accurately in non-scary terms.

Good Book...

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book for this camera, 5 Dec. 2014
I already have this book but can't find it!! So, I bought another as it is a bible for me. Very clearly written and laid out, though some terms puzzled me, but as I get more proficient with my camera I am sure all will become clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars informative and easy, 29 May 2013
Easy to follow, from basics to more complicated. I'm not a total beginner and found that even things I thought I knew I learned more about from the book. Not patronizing, well explained and useful photos and descriptions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential., 19 May 2013
David Busch covers all the bases that the camera's own manual doesn't. He doesn't assume that you are already a competent photographer but neither does he treat you like an idiot. I can't fault it, worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Jun. 2014
An excellent book to help you find your way around the SLT-A37. Much more detail than those supplied with the camera. Would highly recommend this brilliant book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony camera guide, 26 Aug. 2013
Mr. K. Hawkesley (Rugby Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
This guide is for the camera I own. It is very easy to read, and a great help, going beond the basic guide and adding broad insite to photography in general.

David Busch's Sony SLT-A37 Guide to Digital Photography
David Busch's Sony SLT-A37 Guide to Digital Photography by David Busch (Paperback - 3 Oct. 2012)