on 4 March 1999
Is there some unwritten rule than when romance novelists start getting hardback book contracts they must then include psycho stalking nutcase characters in those books? Nora Roberts makes the switch from romance to romantic suspense with ease, but in Jennifer Crusie's case the transition from her humor-filled romance novels would be better served without the psycho stalking nutcase type character. The story of Quinn and the domino effect her desire for change triggers would have worked fine without Bill, the dumped boyfriend who cannot take no for answer. Bill is not a funny character. The escalation of his stalking behavior is not funny. As a result, CRAZY FOR YOU is neither a completely funny romance nor does it qualify as romantic suspense since there are many humorous elements. CRAZY FOR YOU is entertaining, but suffers a bit of an identity crisis.
on 5 April 1999
Jennifer Crusie hits a home run with this one! I lost an entire day's work because I couldn't put it down. It's funny,fresh, and completely satisfying! This is one book you won't feel as if you've read a hundred times before. I loved the characters, the humor, and the surprises. The best book I've read in months!
on 11 January 1999
I've read all of Jennifer Crusie's books, and this one is her best yet. Quinn McKenzie, bored with her safe, predictable life, decides to keep the stray dog she's rescued from the parking lot. From that one tiny decision, her life dominoes out of control in mostly hilarious ways only Crusie could dream up. Safety alert: set down your mug of hot chocolate before reading the scene out behind the dog pound. Once again the heroine's relationship with her best friend is central to the story -- every woman needs a best friend like the ones Crusie creates for her heroines. This book is all about getting what you need, and it works on every level.
on 25 July 1999
Just browsing I spotted the book and enjoyed it. Multiple developed characters, not just the main two. Everyone seemed real in this book; no bodies to die for, and Miss America looks. I'm checking other books by this author after I post this.
on 23 April 2008
bit slow to start and found it hard to keep all the secondary character straight. set in the usual small town america where everybody knows everybodies business and high school sports are the religion so when quinn leaves her boyf the high school coach things are shaken up. high school coach doesnt really accept she has left him which just bugged me the whole way through the book and i got tired of him as a character. great male interest in the form of nick (hot hot hot) and things get down and dirty.

great funny moments and some great character, slow start but in the end the passion is explosive
on 24 June 2013
Crazy For You -by Jennifer Crusie
Although you rather assume that this book by this particular author is going to be a light and fluffy romance, this book is anything but. Although it Isa romance and does have its amusing and some out right hilarious moments, it also deals with the very dangerous and frightening issue of stalking.

Ms. Crusie does the reader a big favor by doing this - this blending pure entertainment with an issue that is so very scary and dangerous to so many of today's women. A she does it so well as only few other romance writers can do.

Quinn is dating (living with) someone everyone thinks of as the `worlds nicest guy' and he is. Right up until the day Quinn has had enough of nice guy and now wants something for herself. This revelation starts with a lost and homely little mutt that Bill does not want but Quinn does and soon ends up with it being Nick, her sister's ex-husband, that Quinn wants most. Well, that and some hot sex! And of course, with this being Ms Crusie we are guaranteed some of that...although it does take quite a while to get there.

This is an amusing read filled with craziness, both from Bill, the dog Katie, her best friend and even her parents. This book has several other story lines going. These stories explore the inner workings of long-term relationships and how these relationships can sometimes become stale. It explores what can happen when one of the couple finally notices the staleness. And you may find yourself laughing out loud at some of the antics of these couple, as well as asking yourself how can men be so clueless.
However, I have to say, the men are not all at fault even if the author didn't want to explore that side of things.

This was a good fairly fast read and may even become a re-read for you.
on 23 February 1999
This is a great book! It is not only funny and engrossing, but touching. I especially enjoyed Ms. Crusie's touching upon the love lives of the heroine's parents, best friends, and students. She demonstrates a deft touch regardless of the age of the character. Worth the hardcover price.
on 1 May 1999
So, there I was: sick of kids, sick of husband, sick of everything in my normal, ordinary life. Needed a treat in the worst way. Do I buy the hardcover or indulge myself with a bottle of Italian wine? One or the other--both are impossible. I bought the book. And, boy, was it ever worth it. We all know Cruise is funny--and she is. This is a very funny book. But there's also a rich, deeply satisfying kind of honor underlying her work, an exploration of our deepest relationships, our most treasured wishes and dreams, a recognition of how deep and terrible and wonderful our lives are if we take three seconds to appreciate them. Crusie is funny, but she's also wise, and the combination has never been better than in CRAZY FOR YOU.
on 15 July 1999
Oh, Jennifer Crusie, I do love your books!! I first read TELL ME LIES and could NOT stop laughing. CRAZY FOR YOU had me snorting and giggling, too. I imagined Quinn to look like Lauren Holly and Nick to look like Jay Bontatibus who plays Tony Viscardi on the Young and the Restless. Their frustrating love story made me want to shake them sometimes but I knew they'd work out OK. Darla, Max and even the mother had lots of great one-liners. All in all, a great story by one of the best! Jennifer, you're right in the same league as my other 2 favourite "funny" authors: Susan Elizabeth Phillips and Janet Evanovich! Congratulations!!
on 17 June 2010
I ordered this book online not really knowing what to expect but I don't regret it.
Quinn McKenzie is living what she calls a 'beige life'. She's dating the world's nicest guy, she has a good job as an art teacher in high school. And she's bored to the point of insanity. But it's when she adopts a stray dog that her life is turned upside down, and Quinn discovers that when a woman tries to make changes in her life, it can drive a whole town crazy....
In my opinion, the characters and the story line were great and extremely funny. People were giving me strange looks because I would jut suddenly burst out laughing! There's also the surprise of how much of a psycho her boyfriend is.