Format: Board book|Change

on 13 October 2011
Make no mistake, I really love this book. As a mom myself, I read this and instantly teared up as the author so perfectly articulated the message I have always wanted my children to carry with them. What better gift to give your child than the knowledge that you know they are MAGNIFICENT and that they carry that magnificence with them always. This book celebrates the potential for greatness in every child, and does it with a sense of whimsy and joy that lends each page an aura of celebration.

The illustrations are very well done and glow with the crown's magic on each page. What better way to send your child off to bed than with this message of love? I'm not really sure if a four year old is really going to get this, but it sure isn't going to hurt. The poetry is seamless and has a wonderful read aloud flow. So what if it seems to be written more for parents than kids? It still offers up a wonderful bonding opportunity and an excellent chance to remind your preschooler that they are special. Recommended.
on 10 February 2014
I love this book so much and read it to my daughter all the time. I am a huge Nancy Tillman fan and have all of her books but this is my favourite. I even recently got a crown on your head tattoo in tribute to my daughter. Now that's love! Buy it, you won't be disappointed.
on 4 June 2014
Still lovely nonetheless and the pics are great. My 2 year old daughter LOVES these books. (But my English mother hates them because they are so sentimental!)
on 14 March 2014
Truly, truly lovely. Expresses so well what parents feel. A great gift to give someone expecting a baby or even a Chrstening gift.
on 29 August 2013
I have bought a lot of books by Nancy Tillman and this one
Is as lovely as I expected it to be. Beautifully written and illustrated
it is perfect for showing a child how special they are.
on 20 May 2014
This book is wonderful as all Nancy Tillman books are.It expresses what most parents and grandparents are thinking but are unable to put into words.
Would recommend this book to everybody.
on 20 November 2015
A lovely poem but I think it is more for adults who will love the sentiment. Although a hard book - ideal for little children - I am not convinced they will really understand the sentiment.
on 10 February 2016
I love this book, makes me want to cry and I kiss my daughters head all the time so really feels special
on 14 May 2015
Just really sweet story, lovely illustrations and can't wait for my son to understand the story
on 30 August 2015
Beautiful words & illustrations. Perfect story for my prince & princess!