5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was Waiting for
This review may contain spoilers from previous books in the series.
Published 22 months ago by Barmy_Bex

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as i expected
I loved the cover of this book, as I have loved all the other covers. However the love triangle angle in this book did wear a little thin.

So did Kylie's up and down emotions over Lucas. It was all a bit heh.

Kylie got little more information in regards to her species but we didn't actually learn that much about the Chameleons.

I did love...
Published 18 months ago by Mrs B's Books

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was Waiting for, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls Novel) (Paperback)
This review may contain spoilers from previous books in the series.
Oh my goodness! It's here and I'm so psyched. I'm a huge fan of this series and even a member of C.C Hunter's 'street team' - so I help with promotion, and generally act like a fangirl :D. I was actually supposed to receive the book last month but as life often does, things happened and I never got it, but I was sent an e-copy on release day instead so I didn't have to wait for it.
I downloaded it as soon as possible and got stuck in, totally frustrated when I had to put it down to go to work. This week has been quite hectic and I had to snatch minutes to read so this book, and actually my reading in general ended up being put aside (I wanted to enjoy it fully) I had an evening in last night and got over halfway through, then finished it this evening. I didn't want to put it down at all, When I read this series I get completely absorbed in it and I swear it feels like I'm actually at Shadow Falls.
This book is once again told from Kylie's perspective, but it's the last one. I was a bit sad knowing it would be her last book but also excited to see what was to come. Kylie feels like a friend, one I don't see very often, but the sort you know will always still be there if you want them.
Her problems are certainly mounting up, family issues, she's being stalked by another ghost - this one dripping blood and rather menacing and she still hasn't decided which guy to give her heart to. Going into this book I was 100% Team Derek, he was the right one for her I was sure. Lucas was a total a*** and deserved a good punch in the face - I just didn't like him, but within 100 pages of this book I came to really like him and actually started to switch sides. Hunter wrote him so hurt and vulnerable and sorry. He seemed like a lost and injured puppy, and so desperate to get Kylie back, you could practically feel the waves of his love flowing off the page. The small gestures, the wide eyes, the sad apologies, she made him so damn loveable. I couldn't believe I was switching sides, but i did. That's right I am now totally Team Lucas. Wow - they're words I never thought I would type!
All our favourites still feature - Della, Miranda, Steve, Perry, Burnett and Holiday with some other new members thrown in.
Kylie must also choose where she wants to ultimately be - with her newly found grandfather and others like her or at Shadow Falls, the only place that has ever felt like home.
You can really feel Kylie's uncertainty, but also her desire to make everything right - this girl is a fighter and I love her feisty attitude.
Really, this book was everything I hoped it would be and more, it had romance, action, humour, drama and just general awesomeness. I was hooked throughout every page and desperate to know more.
It also answered a lot of questions from the series and ends really well.
I am sad that this is the end for Kylie's story, but super excited to see what will come with Della as we start to follow her on her journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous ending, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls Novel) (Paperback)
This series is fabulous and Chosen at Nightfall is a fitting end. It's so well written, the characters feel alive and you live their actions - the sign of a good book. Kylie, Derek, Lucas, Miranda and Della have grown so well together. The main characters, Kylie and Lucas have their ups and downs with themselves and their families and I'm not giving any more away.
I notice that Della is the next to be written about, I can't wait.
I thoroughly recommend this series for teenagers and upwards (I'm not a YA reader but a good book is a good book)
A great escapist, fantasy read, well worth five stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as i expected, 18 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls Novel) (Paperback)

So did Kylie's up and down emotions over Lucas. It was all a bit heh.

I did love Burnett and Holiday though. I thought that they made a lovely couple but thought that Holiday needed to treat them less like little sisters.

Kylie's mother, I didn't like at all as she acted more like a spoiled brat than the mother she was supposed to be.

I had hoped there would be more about the Death Angels, but again there was very little information given about them.

I do hope however that there are other books involving some other the other camp members getting their happy endings like Miranda and Perry, Derek and Jenny. A little more closure would be nice.

Although it was a decent book to close the series, I had hoped for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Ending, 24 April 2013
Sorry for this series to end but loved this book great ending to good series! Does feel like there could be another book to tie up a few loose ends. Fingers crossed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great last book!, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls Novel) (Paperback)
Chosen at Nightfall is an amazing ending to an amazing series. From book one I have been captivated by the Shadow falls novels. I was hooked from the very beginning and I am still thinking about it weeks after I finished the book.

Chosen at Nightfall helps to tie up all the loose ends, all of our questions are answered. Like who will Kylie choose? What is she and what can she do? Will she escape Mario?

We also get to see more of Holiday and Burnetts relationship. Chosen at Nightfall is a stunning conclusion to this epic series that will remain in my thoughts for many years to come. I recommend this to anyone who loves fantasy novels and the supernatural. For fans of the other books too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 9 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls Novel) (Paperback)
Loved this series and was sad when they ended. I read them on holiday and it was a good job because I struggled to put them down. The writer developed the characters well and you felt the emotion through her writing. There was plenty of action and a simmering romance. In fact at one point in one of the books I cried. However there is a happy ending. A good read for all ages. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad it was the last book, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls Novel) (Paperback)
I loved this book kylie is still the relationship advice girl and you really want della and chris to get to together hopefully this will happen. I wish they had more on kylie and lucass relationship but hopefully it might be a bit in the new set of books. There was moments that made me cry and laugh out loud and book I would want everyone to read !!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clinging to the end of my seat, 2 May 2013
I love the ending between Kylie and Lucas!
It's wrote very well and keeps your Hart thumping, I couldn't put it down! I was up till 3:30 reading it! I love shadow fall's!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 23 Jun. 2014
I saw so many positive reviews for this book and despite having adored the series, I feel slightly cheated by Hunter's writing style in this book. I feel like Hunter really rushed through every interesting scene that could have been, and only really went into detail when Kylie was lamenting over Lucas, which to be honest became slightly dull after a while. As much as I loved the development of Holiday and Burnett as parental figures, as well as all the other characters I thought that the way everything tied up at the end was just too easy, and I wanted someone to be left with a broken heart.
Although I now realise it was a bad idea to read this book straight after Cassandra Clare's "City of Heavenly Fire" (a MUST READ for anyone who hasn't), I can't help but thinking that this book could have been done better if it had been made slightly longer and some of the tension had been drawn out.
However having said all this, I have to admit that this book does make you laugh at the character's quirks and is an enjoyable read, but leaves you with the feeling that something is missing.

5.0 out of 5 stars loves it, 19 Jun. 2014
This really is a 5* book. Its absolutely fantastic. I loved it, really well written. I cant wait to read all the rest

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls Novel)
Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls Novel) by C.C Hunter (Paperback - 15 May 2013)