5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous ending
This series is fabulous and Chosen at Nightfall is a fitting end. It's so well written, the characters feel alive and you live their actions - the sign of a good book. Kylie, Derek, Lucas, Miranda and Della have grown so well together. The main characters, Kylie and Lucas have their ups and downs with themselves and their families and I'm not giving any more away.
I...
Published 13 months ago by Lizzie

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as i expected
I loved the cover of this book, as I have loved all the other covers. However the love triangle angle in this book did wear a little thin.

So did Kylie's up and down emotions over Lucas. It was all a bit heh.

Kylie got little more information in regards to her species but we didn't actually learn that much about the Chameleons.

I did love...
Published 10 months ago by Mrs B's Books

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous ending, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls Novel) (Paperback)
I notice that Della is the next to be written about, I can't wait.
I thoroughly recommend this series for teenagers and upwards (I'm not a YA reader but a good book is a good book)
A great escapist, fantasy read, well worth five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was Waiting for, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls Novel) (Paperback)
This review may contain spoilers from previous books in the series.
Oh my goodness! It's here and I'm so psyched. I'm a huge fan of this series and even a member of C.C Hunter's 'street team' - so I help with promotion, and generally act like a fangirl :D. I was actually supposed to receive the book last month but as life often does, things happened and I never got it, but I was sent an e-copy on release day instead so I didn't have to wait for it.
I downloaded it as soon as possible and got stuck in, totally frustrated when I had to put it down to go to work. This week has been quite hectic and I had to snatch minutes to read so this book, and actually my reading in general ended up being put aside (I wanted to enjoy it fully) I had an evening in last night and got over halfway through, then finished it this evening. I didn't want to put it down at all, When I read this series I get completely absorbed in it and I swear it feels like I'm actually at Shadow Falls.
This book is once again told from Kylie's perspective, but it's the last one. I was a bit sad knowing it would be her last book but also excited to see what was to come. Kylie feels like a friend, one I don't see very often, but the sort you know will always still be there if you want them.
Her problems are certainly mounting up, family issues, she's being stalked by another ghost - this one dripping blood and rather menacing and she still hasn't decided which guy to give her heart to. Going into this book I was 100% Team Derek, he was the right one for her I was sure. Lucas was a total a*** and deserved a good punch in the face - I just didn't like him, but within 100 pages of this book I came to really like him and actually started to switch sides. Hunter wrote him so hurt and vulnerable and sorry. He seemed like a lost and injured puppy, and so desperate to get Kylie back, you could practically feel the waves of his love flowing off the page. The small gestures, the wide eyes, the sad apologies, she made him so damn loveable. I couldn't believe I was switching sides, but i did. That's right I am now totally Team Lucas. Wow - they're words I never thought I would type!
All our favourites still feature - Della, Miranda, Steve, Perry, Burnett and Holiday with some other new members thrown in.
Kylie must also choose where she wants to ultimately be - with her newly found grandfather and others like her or at Shadow Falls, the only place that has ever felt like home.
You can really feel Kylie's uncertainty, but also her desire to make everything right - this girl is a fighter and I love her feisty attitude.
Really, this book was everything I hoped it would be and more, it had romance, action, humour, drama and just general awesomeness. I was hooked throughout every page and desperate to know more.
It also answered a lot of questions from the series and ends really well.
I am sad that this is the end for Kylie's story, but super excited to see what will come with Della as we start to follow her on her journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Ending, 24 April 2013
Sorry for this series to end but loved this book great ending to good series! Does feel like there could be another book to tie up a few loose ends. Fingers crossed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clinging to the end of my seat, 2 May 2013
I love the ending between Kylie and Lucas!
It's wrote very well and keeps your Hart thumping, I couldn't put it down! I was up till 3:30 reading it! I love shadow fall's!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 23 Jun 2014
I saw so many positive reviews for this book and despite having adored the series, I feel slightly cheated by Hunter's writing style in this book. I feel like Hunter really rushed through every interesting scene that could have been, and only really went into detail when Kylie was lamenting over Lucas, which to be honest became slightly dull after a while. As much as I loved the development of Holiday and Burnett as parental figures, as well as all the other characters I thought that the way everything tied up at the end was just too easy, and I wanted someone to be left with a broken heart.
Although I now realise it was a bad idea to read this book straight after Cassandra Clare's "City of Heavenly Fire" (a MUST READ for anyone who hasn't), I can't help but thinking that this book could have been done better if it had been made slightly longer and some of the tension had been drawn out.
However having said all this, I have to admit that this book does make you laugh at the character's quirks and is an enjoyable read, but leaves you with the feeling that something is missing.

5.0 out of 5 stars loves it, 19 Jun 2014
This really is a 5* book. Its absolutely fantastic. I loved it, really well written. I cant wait to read all the rest

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls Novel) (Paperback)
Loved this series and was sad when they ended. I read them on holiday and it was a good job because I struggled to put them down. The writer developed the characters well and you felt the emotion through her writing. There was plenty of action and a simmering romance. In fact at one point in one of the books I cried. However there is a happy ending. A good read for all ages. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect ending, 30 Jan 2014
Kylie's quest continues in the final book of the Shadow Falls series. You continue to be swept along with the high's and shed many tears at the low's. There are many touching moments in this book and you feel your own heart ache right along with Kylie at times. Thoroughly enjoyable read and a very satisfying finale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing series, 15 Jan 2014
love this series if u haven't read them do so straight away you will fall in Love with all the characters and all the drama best paranormal series I have read in a while

5.0 out of 5 stars Red when dead, 14 Oct 2013
WHY?! Did the series have to end! I loved the books and I'm happy with what happened but I want to know what happened next. Did her mother go mental? What was Holidays (not telling because it would give it away) called? What happen to DERECK?!!! And Jenny? I'm going to read all the books that are involved and see what I find! Yay! Bye

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls Novel)
Chosen at Nightfall (Shadow Falls Novel) by C.C Hunter (Paperback - 15 May 2013)
6.82