5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! A great if somewhat scary read!
Having read through Marks first book 'Zero Day' in about 2 days flat whilst on holiday last year I couldn't wait to get hold of his next book for my holiday this year.

With the book duly downloaded to my Kindle I boarded my plane for 4hr flight, and I can honestly say I don't remember anything about the journey until we hit the tarmac at the other end...
Published on 11 Oct. 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Mildly entertaining
Over technical in parts. Needed editing. Many typos and awful grammar. Fairly exciting ending but was not gripped by it,
Published on 22 Jan. 2013 by Sue Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! A great if somewhat scary read!, 11 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Trojan Horse (Kindle Edition)

Trojan Horse doesn't have as much 'tech speak' as Zero Day, which will probably broaden its appeal to anyone who loves a good murder / mystery / thriller type read, with there still being plenty of tech background for the nerds among us.

All in all, thoroughly recommended, and I can't wait for the next book (Which Mark admitted he's currently writing in a recent TWiT.tv interview)

5.0 out of 5 stars Trojan Horse by Mark Russinovich, 14 Oct. 2012
Fred Weimer (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trojan Horse (Kindle Edition)
I heard about Mark Russinovich on the Windows Weekly podcast. Paul Thurrott discussed Mark's technical expertise and how much he loved his books. Mark writes with real understanding of his subject in the world of international cyber war. However he never goes above the head of a reader like me in his technical description of what is he is doing. He is a bona fide thriller writer. I was on the edge of my seat through all of this book. He writes original well developed characters. And his story telling keeps you going between his characters technical investigation and action. My only problem with this is Mark has written 2 books, and I am almost done with the second book. Enjoyable, fun, scary, and I highly recommend this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mildly entertaining, 22 Jan. 2013
Sue Wilson (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trojan Horse (Kindle Edition)

2.0 out of 5 stars A computer may like to read this but humans beware, 18 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Trojan Horse (Kindle Edition)
Apparently Mr Russinovich is an ex Microsoft employee. He writes like one. While the technical detail is no doubt accurate the prose is at the level of a user manual and the storyline about as credible as a computer game plot. He may find his main characters (lovers come cyber heroes) to be likeable but I suspect most of us will just see the kind of overpaid and self absorbed IT consultants that we have to put up with in the real world.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 4 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Trojan Horse (Kindle Edition)
Ok but nothing amazing ... the narrative was a little confused and the main characters Jeff and Daryl were a little dull and tiresome.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Techno Thriller, 14 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Trojan Horse (Kindle Edition)
2nd techno-thriller by Mark Russinovich following computer security specialists Jeff Aiken and Daryl Hagen. This time they are facing a computer Trojan which seems undetectible and infecting government machines in a time of a middle east crisis. Technically very accurate but the characters are a little 2 dimensional in which the good and bad teams are very clear. Jeff/Daryl are too perfect for real characters and a happy ending is never really in doubt. Overall 7 out of 10.

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 29 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Trojan Horse (Kindle Edition)
A good read with enough technical speak to make it believable. However whilst the author may be computer expert he seems to know little about flying. His assertion that a Microlight aircraft is capable of flying at 25000 feet is laughable although his use of it at 10000 feet is acceptable. Similarly his idea that aircraft including small ones can cross international borders in Europe without flight plans or documentation is not realistic especially in the current climate of heightened security. An aircraft of any sort entering European airspace without a flight plan would without doubt arouse the interest of the authorities resulting in interception of the unknown aircraft.
Having said that, the book is a good "can't put down" read.

4.0 out of 5 stars great read, 18 Sept. 2013
John Dobson (Bo'ness, West Lothian United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trojan Horse (Kindle Edition)
A very good story or is it just a story. Worrying when you consider something similar is happening out there now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating near-future technothriller., 25 May 2013
Gustaf Eriksson "Nordic Light" (UK, Plymouth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trojan Horse (Kindle Edition)
This guy knows his computers! A thrilling story which mixes the Internet, terrorists, Iran's atomic bomb and China's rise in the world with old fashioned suspense. Makes me wonder how much we are being spied upon and our Internet activities being monitored.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sobering and credible, 14 April 2013
This review is from: Trojan Horse (Kindle Edition)
Curiosity and also an interest in any type of thriller. Strong characters although a bit like diehard! Would read more by this author.

Trojan Horse: 2 (Jeff Aiken Series)
Trojan Horse: 2 (Jeff Aiken Series) by Mark Russinovich (Paperback - 13 Oct. 2012)