5.0 out of 5 stars You cannot stop reading it
I need to admit it: I bought the book only because I knew the author due to his fantastic utilities (Sysinternals) and superb technical books.
When I started to read it the story captured immediately my attention.
Only the train guard that informs me that I'm arrived to my station can stop me to read it.
The story is very nicely written, with plausible...
Published on 22 May 2012 by marco simone zuppone

1.0 out of 5 stars Wooden writing
Couldn't get past the first few chapters. Mr Russinovitch is a legend in the IT world. He should stick to that though. The writing made Dan Brown look like Tolstoy.
Published 20 months ago by Grant R

1.0 out of 5 stars Wooden writing, 10 Nov 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars You cannot stop reading it, 22 May 2012
When I started to read it the story captured immediately my attention.
The story is very nicely written, with plausible technical details about this deadly computer malware infection.
The very good point of the book that it is not Sci-fi at all: something like that can really happen and it's quite scary.
Nice book, well written! Compliments to the author!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fictional what if that could come true, 14 Nov 2011
John Warlow (Loughborough, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zero Day (Jeff Aiken) (Hardcover)
Mark Russinovich writes an excellent novel based on a terrorist attack on the the computers and businesses connected to the internet. The scary thing is all the technology mentioned in the book exists today, the viruses, root-kits and such are in the wild and infect computers daily. At the moment this novel is fiction, but it could easily become fact in the near future. An excellent read even for those working in IT - the technical details used in the book are correct; they should be - Mark works at Microsoft as a technical fellow! Definitely worth reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars Candidate for the bad sex award, 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: Zero Day (Kindle Edition)
The premise of the book is good, if a bit frightening, but it is clumsily written and the characters very 2 dimensional. Maybe he needs to do a writing course. The few sex scenes were risible and probably unnecessary.

5.0 out of 5 stars A chilling roller coaster ride, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Zero Day (Kindle Edition)
A scary look at what would happen if our over dependent computer and internet based society came under attack. What makes it so chilling is that it could happen. Makes you question how much information one has online and what it's really worth. Highly recommended. And stick your cash under the mattress.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read., 11 May 2014
This review is from: Zero Day (Kindle Edition)
This a really good book by a first rate writer. Once I had started reading I found it hard to put down. You know that everything will turn out right and the baddies will lose but it is fascinating to how it all works out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but slightly weak story, 22 Nov 2012
This review is from: Zero Day (Kindle Edition)
I probably liked this more for the geek in me but it was a quick and easy read which I felt quite compelled to finish and so purchase Trojan Horse, which is better but very similar.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 11 Sep 2011
This review is from: Zero Day (Jeff Aiken) (Hardcover)
The quality of the book was great but took longer to arrive than expected.
This is a bit tech heavy so some understanding maybe needed to understand some of the computing concepts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling, and provoking, 2 Jun 2011
This review is from: Zero Day (Jeff Aiken) (Hardcover)
The story line unfolds gradually as the plot thickens, culminating in a gripping action sequence that keeps you enticed right to the end. The characters develop well to make them realistic and interesting, and leaves plenty of room for a followup series.

Whilst this fiction, the possibilities are all too real - especially with several of the news items that have occurred since the launch of this book (Playstation Network, Stuxnet etc.)

Looking forward to a followup to see how deep the rabbit hole goes, and perhaps a Hollywood version?

4.0 out of 5 stars Zero Day, 29 May 2011
Zero Day

Being in the IT business and interested in security I was naturally drawn to this book. I found the basic theme plausible enough and the story should serve as a warning about what can happen to when computers run everything, security is lax, and the people who should care are complacent.

Once I started reading I found it hard to put the book down and the drama and excitment made me forgive the sometimes (to my mind) strange use of words. What for instance is a script kitty did he mean script kiddy? and in one place a character who had previously been murdered spoke - a typo I think.

Overall it was a good read and if the author writes another I will buy it.

Zero Day
Zero Day by Mark Russinovich (Paperback - 13 Sep 2012)
9.85