5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book
Jerome K Jerome is one of the funniest authors I have ever read. This collection of ghost stories was first published in 1891, and concerns a group of friends who are sitting around telling each other ghost stories on Christmas Eve. The introduction alone is worth the price of this book, as Jerome proceeds to poke fun at ghosts themselves and at ghost stories.
I...
Published on 22 Jan 2005 by Pippa

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining little book
Jerome never seemed to reach the same standard after he wrote three men in a boat,this book however does have some of his old comic wit in it quite enjoyed it.
Published 21 months ago by A. Andrews

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book, 22 Jan 2005
This review is from: Told After Supper (Paperback)
I promise you will laugh out loud reading this book. To read Jerome K Jerome is like watching good stand up comedy. If you have never read him before I would also recommend "Three Men in a Boat", and "Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow".
"I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." Jerome K Jerome

5.0 out of 5 stars told after supper, 11 July 2011
This review is from: Told After Supper (Kindle Edition)
i loved this book. jerome k jerome is genuinely funny writer. read this when the world gets too much for you. It will certainly cheer you up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bedside book!, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: Told After Supper (Kindle Edition)
Funny stories from the gentleman who penned 'Three Men In A Boat'. I really enjoyed it and re-read the stories -- especially when I cannot sleep. Get told off for giggling though!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's about one of the first books I chose to read by my own., 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Told After Supper (Kindle Edition)
70 odd years on I still find Jerome K Jerome can make me laugh out loud. (And annoy my wife!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book, 22 Jan 2005
This review is from: Told After Supper (Paperback)
Jerome K Jerome is one of the funniest authors I have ever read. "Told After Supper" was first published in 1891, and concerns a group of six friends sitting around telling each other ghost stories on Christmas Eve. The introduction alone is worth the price of this book, as Jerome proceeds to poke fun at ghost stories and at ghosts themselves.
I promise you will laugh out loud reading this book. To read Jerome K Jerome is like watching good stand up comedy. If you are new to this author I would also recommend "Three Men in a Boat" and "Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow".
"I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours."
Jerome K Jerome

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining little book, 20 Jan 2013
A. Andrews - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Told After Supper, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Told After Supper (Kindle Edition)
Nowhere near as funny as "Three Men in a Boat". Rather long-winded in places and only occasionally made me laugh out load.

Told After Supper
Told After Supper by Jerome K. Jerome (Paperback - 24 July 2010)