5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: How to Write Better Essays (Palgrave Study Skills) (Paperback)
Should be made compulsory reading to all students of the humanities, first at school, then again at university. Excellent for sparking your own thoughts and not simply falling back on those of others. Buy it !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to start university life!, 23 Aug 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone who is either starting uni or in the middle of their studies. I have picked up this book just before heading to do my masters degree but wish I had read it before. I haven't actually trial-run the suggestions yet but looking at it, in a logical way, I can already tell that it's going to help me write effective essays with much less time I used to spend writing my essays for uni. I'm going to stick with Palgrave as they have other good reads to help me in this stage of learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth it, 11 May 2013
I got the book today and I've only read about 50 pages.
Those 50 pages have actually managed to help me understand what I'm suppose to do.
If you're a pro-essay writer you won't need this but if you're not and need guidance this is a good book for you =)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great approach, 4 Aug 2013
I haven't finished the book yet, but all I've read so far was great.
It has a great and easy approach to teach you good techniques to write better. I bought this book because my writing is crap and I was getting horible grades on my Masters essays.
I haven't seen the result on my grades yet but I'm feeling morem relaxed and confident writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
Great book for studying and I use it to look through frequently

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
Best

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 30 Jun 2014
Very good and in-depth guide - a lot to get through if you want a 'quick fix' though.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for all serious students., 4 Oct 2013
this is a fantastic academic book, will recommend it to all serious students, has improve my writing tremendously. its simply amazing.

4.0 out of 5 stars like it, 4 Nov 2013
Bought to improve my writing skills while doing my honours degree in english literate. First time I used the techniques I got my worst essay score lol. Though this may not have been to blame. The first edition is more basic informTion with more diagrams which I prefer. Has useful techniques and information though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, 17 Jun 2013
I love the structure of the book and the positive reinforcement. This is a great series for those of us who want to continually improve our skills for work.

How to Write Better Essays (Palgrave Study Skills)
How to Write Better Essays (Palgrave Study Skills) by Dr Bryan Greetham (Paperback - 10 April 2013)
12.66