5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic resource book
I'm new to study again after a break of 20 years and a decission to make a career change - I found this book to be easy to navigate, it has a good reference system and it explains each chapter in laymans terms, it's a book for dummies really although I'm not claiming to be one.
Published 14 months ago by goodgodgoddin

3.0 out of 5 stars It was okay
No idea why i bought this tbh, only get it if you are honestly really really struggling etc. Before you start uni as well it would be more ideal.
Published 12 months ago by Saif

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic resource book, 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Study Skills Handbook (Palgrave Study Skills) (Paperback)
I would recommend this book to anyone who needs a push in the right direction whether new to studying or not, it's a good tool to have and makes essay writing a whole simpler.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ready to study now.., 25 Dec 2013
Just a few sentences from me. I am about to start a long distance learning course and felt that I could do with knowing how to write notes better or whether there were some tips for reading effectively and memory.

This book has it all. I have near enough finished the chapters that are most relevant to the subject I am about to learn and after reading this book. I have taken from it a great deal and I feel alot more confident with how I will perform in my studies. 4/5 * from me.

At £10 I have gained a great deal, I would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A sound investment for the mature student, 2 Nov 2013
I'm at Uni for the first time in my late 30s and the academic skills required on my course were all new to me. The tips and examples contained in the friendly layout are concise and effective. The essay writing and associated chapters have been very helpful. And just by flicking through the other chapters has given me plenty of ideas to make learning interesting and speedy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting back into education!, 28 Oct 2013
This is helping me a lot, so may little hints and tips and guidelines to help structure and manage my time and my work! brilliant for thoses who have been out of education for a while!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly helpful, 30 Oct 2013
This is the second one of these books in the series I have purchased and they are very clear and easy to understand with everything you could need for support whilst studying towards a degree. This was recommended by my tutor on her reading list and at just over ten pounds it has been a really useful study resource.

3.0 out of 5 stars It was okay, 16 Oct 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile, 13 Oct 2013
Helped with my essay writing and currently using it to assist with report writing for my access to health course. This is a diploma level 3 course leading to a degree course so I am sure to be using this book time and time again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good points, 11 Oct 2013
A great book giving good pointers on how to study. I would recommend this book. I am glad I have purchased this book in time for my degree.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction to study if you have been out of the academic arena for more than 5 years., 8 May 2013
University requirements have moved on dramatically since I last studied at university. This book has been a great help, to accompany my study skills module, one part of my degree in nursing.

3.0 out of 5 stars okay for beginners, 24 Oct 2014
got this book as was required for my uni degree pre- reading list most of it is common sense but if you struggle with organisation and finding time to fit your studies in the book is helpful as can help you to gain key knowledge to help you succeed ... however if you are already organised and know how to Harvard references and time manage don't purchase as you wont need this book

The Study Skills Handbook (Palgrave Study Skills)
The Study Skills Handbook (Palgrave Study Skills) by Dr Stella Cottrell (Paperback - 9 April 2013)