5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to self-study
Published on 16 Aug 2012 by GSW

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea.....
I struggled to get to grips with this style and found it pretty hard going. There are better books out there on this subject.
Published 15 months ago by Mr Richard S Burgess

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to self-study, 16 Aug 2012
This review is from: Prince2 Study Guide (Paperback)
When I heard that David that written this book I was intrigued. Now that I have read the book I am impressed. For anyone with the motivation to self-study, this book gives you everything that you need. I particularly liked the structure of each chapter which start by outlining the syllabus topics to be covered, then describe these using an easy to follow language supported by examples and real life experiences, followed by a summary and a list of the facts that you need to know for the exams; and to cap it all you are then presented with sample foundation and practitioner questions (created by David) to test your understanding. The book even gives you access to additional resources that can be downloaded from the publishers website. And all of this for less than a third of the price of the official PRINCE2 manual - you can't get better value than that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly readable, 2 Jan 2013
I. Evans (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prince2 Study Guide (Paperback)
I've just finished reading this book from cover to cover in preparation for sitting the Practitioner exam. Given the detailed subject matter, it is surprisingly readable. I'd almost say that I enjoyed it.
This is good preparation for the exams - clearly explained, well written, lots of reinforcement of key points, lots of practice questions, lots of real life examples. I would recommend it.
The only negative to bear in mind is that you shouldn't buy this INSTEAD of the official PRINCE2 book (Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2) as it is only the official PRINCE2 book that you can take into the Practitioner exam with you. So buy both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for passing both exams, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Prince2 Study Guide (Paperback)
I have just found out that I have passed both the foundation and practitioner exam and it was all thanks to this book. I did do the 5 day course, however, I knwo that it was definitely this book that helped me to pass, since the course was much too fast paced and I know that I would not have passed without first having read this book. Particularly liked the exam spotlights, what you need to know for the exams, the found practice papers, end of chapter tests. Would recommend that if you want to completely self-study for both exams, that you download exam techniques for the practitioner exam and practice practitioner papers from the internet, as I do not feel that the book gave enough practitioner exam practice.

Thanks David Hinde for this great book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent aid to PRINCE2 study, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: Prince2 Study Guide (Paperback)
My company paid for a PRINCE2 e-learning course for me which didn't entirely suit my learning style, so I bought this book for additional help. It is clearly written, comprehensive and has plenty of examples and sample questions. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and I passed both the Foundation and Practitioner exams comfortably, so definitely a worthwhile purchase for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow and read, 30 Jan 2013
Includes exam papers.
Excellent for anyone working towards taking the Prince2 exam.
Written by the guy who teaches the course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 29 Nov 2012
Passed my practitioner exam using this book. Very good for newbies to project management as quite repetitious so sinks in by the time you are through with the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what is needed, 9 July 2012
M. K. Newman "malcolm" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prince2 Study Guide (Paperback)
I found that this book really helps you to understand the exam requirements and provides loads of excellent trial questions. It also contains a lot of well written information to refer to once the exam has been successfully completed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exam questions, 18 Jun 2012
A. A. Brown "Adanac" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prince2 Study Guide (Paperback)
I did not get the official Prince2 book until my training course started - much too late in my opinion... However, i bought this book and worked throught if for a number of weeks prior to attending the course. Clearly written but the best part for me is the large amount of exam questions it contains - very useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, clear explanation of Prince ", 7 Sep 2013
This review is from: Prince2 Study Guide (Paperback)
This book is a must! The author explains Prince 2 clearly - the principles, processes, themes and tailoring. At the end of each chapter there are foundation and practitioner questions (with answers so you understand where you went wrong) - and there are two full foundation exam practice papers and one practitioner paper (and you can access another online). I worked my way through it before I went on a five-day intensive foundation and practitioner course and without it I would never have understood the course. Had I known how good the book was I wouldn't have bothered with the course and just have booked myself into the public exams for Prince2.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST! God bless you David Hinde., 24 July 2013
This review is from: Prince2 Study Guide (Paperback)
I also went through the route of self-study and this book was so helpful I passed my Prince2 exam at a go.

I can't recommend this book enough. The scenarios/ example, style of writing and layout is brilliant!

If you want to pass your Prince 2 and also understand the nitty-gritty of the processes, principles, themes, management products e.t.c GET THIS BOOK!

Can David Hinde please write more Project Management books please?

Prince2 Study Guide
Prince2 Study Guide by David Hinde (Paperback - 2 May 2012)
18.13