5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth taking the time over
Published on 3 Dec 2008 by Mr. M. Henry

3.0 out of 5 stars Yawn! Where's my pillow....
OK, it's me, not you. Business Accounting is a dull subject, and this book doesn't improve that fact. It's not the book's fault, but don't expect to stay awake for long whilst reading this.
Published 2 months ago by james close

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth taking the time over, 3 Dec 2008
Mr. M. Henry "Matt H" (London) - See all my reviews
I've read three books on this subject - Silberger's 10 Day MBA, Finance on a Beermat and this one. Initially I thought it was overly wordy, but after persisting I realised how valuable it is. It is the best of the three I cite. It clearly guides you through all the key concepts, reiterating and reinforcing information as the book progresses, plus using representative examples, particularly for three accounting reports. It is a well thumbed tome for me now. To give you an example of how much it has helped, I went to see my accountant recently to discuss setting up a new business, her comment was 'you really seem to know your stuff, if you talk to investors like that you'll be in a good position to inspire their confidence and get their cash'

4.0 out of 5 stars Dummies and accountancy ..., 21 Jun 2009
M. Sear (Milton Keynes UK) - See all my reviews
.... probably dont mix too well. I'm OK at maths but the concept of accountancy was a bit of a mystery to me until I read this book. It has helped me understand the basics of accounting. That was in fairness all I wanted it to do, so I deem it a success as a book. For people that just want a basic level of understanding this is a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver!, 25 Sep 2009
Colleagues had handed me books on accounting before, which I failed to get to grips with. I have always struggled with getting to grips with the numerical side of what I do for a living. REcently, however, I found myself having no choice to get better at it. Frankly I was desperate and while I'm not the kind of person who thinks of myself as a 'dummy', I hoped that this book would be a miracle pill. Thankfully, it has been really good. The authors clearly lay out the principles and pack the book with simple answers. I also enjoyed the fact that there are plenty of tips rather than a mass of prose (which is what the other books I'd seen before were like). Great effort: someone should give these authors a medal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the cover, 20 April 2009
MacAndy (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
As with most "DUMMIES" books, this one gives you a good overview of the topic and a basic level of understanding of the subject. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Taking Account..., 28 May 2014
Mr. Ronald W. Francis "Ronderbear" (Melton Mowbray. U.K.) - See all my reviews
Having volunteered for the position of treasurer for a local Society, I found this book a good read and a valuable reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 9 Jan 2014
Helped me greatly to understand my module I did on Budgeting and Appraisal Methods, for my Foundation Degree in Business Management.

3.0 out of 5 stars Yawn! Where's my pillow...., 3 Oct 2014
This review is from: Understanding Business Accounting For Dummies (Paperback)

1.0 out of 5 stars ... ans i cannot understand this book and it is dull and it does not claer up any of the ..., 19 Nov 2014
i am a dmmie ans i cannot understand this book and it is dull and it does not claer up any of the questions i had.....

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy Kindle Version, 22 Jun 2011
I downloaded this to iPad version of Kindle. The text is good an informative, and I would agree with other positive reviews on that.

However, the examples do not appear. Equations and balance sheet calculations are referenced in the text, but there is no sign of them on the screen, making it fairly useless as a learning exercise....

UPDATE - Amazon have removed the Kindle version from the store until this is sorted. I have now downloaded from iBooks and it is great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 23 Sep 2009
Finding this really helpful to cover off areas I've not had too much experience on as yet.

Understanding Business Accounting For Dummies
Understanding Business Accounting For Dummies by Colin Barrow (Paperback - 16 Dec 2011)