4.0 out of 5 stars Great guidance for the eBay 'Newbie' - especially sellers!!
My wife recently decided to have a go at selling our unwanted, no longer needed or 'unloved' items on eBay and quickly ran into the problem that for the 'newbie', eBay is not very helpful or consistent in providing assistance or guidance. I had run into the same problem a while ago and given up, but my wife decided to persevere, so I bought her this book.
It really...
Published 20 months ago by Steve.J

2.0 out of 5 stars buy the book
The book has plusses and minuses however the minuses win. The page illustrations are very poor and going back to review is slow.
Published 22 months ago by Ray

4.0 out of 5 stars Great guidance for the eBay 'Newbie' - especially sellers!!, 5 April 2013
Steve.J (Glos. UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: eBay.co.uk For Dummies (Paperback)
It really is a very useful guide to starting out with buying and selling on eBay, highlighting the dos and don'ts in a fairly logical and straightforward manner with loads of useful hints and tips about starting out in the on-line auction world. This book will help you get the basics right first time and save you loads of grief and wasted time. If you have not really dabbled in eBay before, then be prepared to spend a bit of time (a couple of hours maybe) going through the book to get a 'feel' for eBay and what is needed to be a respected buyer or seller.

The downsides of the book are -
1. That some of the illustrations are a bit small and difficult to read, especially for us of a certain age. I found myself reaching for a magnifying glass at one stage, for heaven's sake!!
2. It does not help with some of the more tricky questions that you will come up against as a seller (we have already found ourselves scouring the internet for answers to some of the more obscure things we have come up against when selling). I suppose I should not be too harsh, as this book is entitled 'eBay.co.uk for Dummies', but it does have a fair bit of information about selling on eBay as a business, which to my mind does not come under the 'Dummies' category.

Apart from these two small gripes, this is a great book to get you started with eBay and my wife has found it invaluable as a quick reference to get things right first time. It has most definitely paid for itself already, a few times over.

I suppose we should now put in eBay for sale!!

Oh, one final thing, make sure you buy the latest edition, as things change so rapidly on the eBay website.

Happy buying and selling!!

2.0 out of 5 stars buy the book, 22 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars So helpful, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: eBay.co.uk For Dummies (Paperback)
I'm a novice at ebay selling and this book was soooo helpful it was like having an ebay expert on hand.Very readable,clear and accessable .

5.0 out of 5 stars Wrong item, 31 Mar 2014
I obtained the Kindle version in error
I need to obtain the book I need it as a work of reference.

4.0 out of 5 stars really useful, 2 Sep 2013
As a newbie to Ebay I have found this book really useful. I have consulted it many times when selling items. It is great that it is available for the kindle too

5.0 out of 5 stars a lot better than i thought, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: eBay.co.uk For Dummies (Paperback)
Full of very useful information and while it isn't an instruction manual how to make money on ebay....it does give you some very sound information on which to start with. Definitely glad I bought this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide for Ebay novices and more experienced users alike!, 24 July 2013
This review is from: eBay.co.uk For Dummies (Paperback)
This is a very detailed guide that covers every possible aspect of buying from/selling on Ebay, with easy to follow instructions and lots of useful tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: eBay.co.uk For Dummies (Paperback)
Easy to use. Simple, straight forward instructions. Enabled me to get to grips with ebay. Covers all you will need.

4.0 out of 5 stars good buy, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: eBay.co.uk For Dummies (Paperback)
Good for anyone who is confused about how to use ebay. Easy to understand. You won't become an expert overnight but this will be a big help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Done it again!, 6 May 2013
This review is from: eBay.co.uk For Dummies (Paperback)
Bought this because I needed to learn about how to sell in ebay and previous 'Dummy' books have really helped. They talk my language!

eBay.co.uk For Dummies
eBay.co.uk For Dummies by Steve Hill (Paperback - 14 Sep 2012)