Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 July 2014
The book was delivered very quickly and arrived in perfect condition. Although it is written for the american Galaxy tabs users, I have managed to apply the information given in the book to my tablet purchased in the UK even setting up with my local library to borrow ebooks with my UK membership number. It states in the book that this facility only applies to the USA but that is no longer the case. I very pleased with the instructions in the book, it is easy to follow and will enable me to do so much more with my tablet than reading email and surfing the net. Thank you Dan Gookin for helping me getting around my new tablet.
on 28 June 2014
Like most things these days the Galaxy doesn't come with a full instruction book, though you can download it from a computer. The good thing about these books is they cover things you may not have been aware of in the first place and the writing style is more "user friendly" than an instruction manual.
Have tried other similar types of books but the "for Dummies" seems to cover things better. Perhaps it's just meant for me!
on 25 March 2014
This book covers a lot of areas and it has helped with getting around my Galaxy Tab 3 as I have found it difficult in places as I am a novice on computers an Samsung does not give you an instruction book.
on 23 February 2013
As you would expect from someone who has been writing tailored computer textbooks with a fair size dollop of patience and humour, Dan Gookin's Galaxy Tab for Dummies comes up to expectations. If you have this book at hand while you're learning to use your tablet, then the process should be easier and shorter.
Two comments I would make. One is not a criticism of the book, but to be at its most effective the version of your Galaxy Tab needs to match exactly the one covered by the book. There are several Galaxy Tab variants, so watch out for that.
The other one is about the problems of absolute beginners. For many years I was a starter tutor showing "Dummies" and Idiots" how to use their new computers. I didn't feel that Dan coped so well in helping novices to navigate away from some place on the tablet that they didn't mean to get to. Sometimes the Go Back button will take you back, but sometimes you've done something quite different and you end up somewhere new. The trouble is, when someone hamfisted gets going, you can't tell what exact chaos they're going to land themselves with.
What would I do about it? It's difficult. There are so many ways of going wrong. But one suggestion might be, have an early days troubleshooting guide somewhere in the first few chapters and give some examples of you having intended to do A, you end up with B and how to deal with that the best way you can.
Just a thought, one way perhaps to make a good book even better.
Russ
on 17 May 2014
Perfect book for technophobes like me. Easy to understand instructions and ckear photos make learning how to use the tablet simple and better still, I do not have to ask for help from my children anymore and be subject to their scorn lol!
on 24 January 2013
this was the only galaxy tab book i could see but is not right for the galaxy 10.1 tab...ggggrrrr... should be made clear
on 12 July 2014
As ever, these ".....................for dummies" books are an easy and excellent way for people who dont have the first idea on new technology to learn everything you can. I will always recommend these books because it saves me ripping my hair out trying to explain to my parents how to do things that i told them 2 days previous how to do.
on 16 March 2014
A definite must have for Tab 3 users.Clear understandable instructions- I have only used Windows 7 laptop before so I found this book essential.
on 22 January 2013
Although aimed at American market and produced before 10.1 Tab2 on market, still some useful information to help a complete novice get started..
on 10 October 2015
Did not tell me anything that I could obtain from Samsung instruction manual. Certainly did not answer any of the queries I was seeking. The worst "Dummies" book I have ever purchased. I would not recommend it (unless perhaps you live in America).