5.0 out of 5 stars Really Helpful
I am a complete newcomer to the PS process and bought Elements 12 with some degree of trepidation. This book was bought after consulting both the Dummies series (too much wording, not enough action) and Scott Kelby (photography by numbers, I don't feel he lets me learn for myself).
Published 5 months ago by ormegirl

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not that detailed
Published 3 months ago by K. Crossley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Helpful, 10 April 2014
This review is from: Teach Yourself Visually Photoshop Elements 12 (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech)) (Paperback)
This book is perfect for the task. The full colour pictures and written instructions match perfectly. For instance, it may say
"2. Click the zoom tool" There is both a tiny picture of the zoom tool and a number "2" pointing at where it is. So it's very clear to follow and you can progress as you wish.
Good chapter headings and index so if you specifically want to achieve one effect you can go straight there.
I'm already confident with PS12 and eager to learn more, all down to this book even though PS12 is more intuitive than I thought it would be.
One minor comment- in line with some of the other reviewers I would agree it can be pretty basic. For instance, anyone contemplating buying PS must surely be able to import their photos onto the computer. But there are 360 pages of such good quality, I'm not complaining.

4.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop Elements 12 Visually, 6 Feb 2014
A very good book to help all users of Photoshop Elements get the most out of version 12 of this excellent software. My only gripe is that the book does not have anything about using Camera RAW. This is a shame, as Elements 12 has so much to offer about this particular format, which is very versatile.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT GUIDE TO ELEMENTS 12, 28 Nov 2013
This publication is very easy to follow, with each instruction clearly indicated on a large colour picture along side.It gives hints, tips and short cuts and advice on each procedure. The amount of text is kept to a minimum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elements 12 Visually, 12 Jan 2014
An excellent visual learning tool, with good graphics and it is well laid out making it easy to follow and understand.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not that detailed, 19 Jun 2014
K. Crossley "Starfish" (Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
Having just bought Photoshop Elements and never having used Photoshop before I bought this book on the strength of the reviews and because it had lots of pictures, which I hoped would make things clearer. It's OK, but doesn't go into as much depth as I hoped. I feel it assumes you know some stuff already. I haven't found it that clear to follow and often end up thinking, 'yes, but what about when this happens' or 'how do I do that though'. To be honest, in it's defense I think the best way to learn is to watch someone else doing it and therefore I have found a wealth of videos out there that show how to use Elements and everything I've learnt so far has really come from those videos on the internet. So, it's a good book for back-up but it hasn't taught me how to use Photoshop Elements.

3.0 out of 5 stars Clear but basic, 31 Jan 2014
I had been using Elements 10 at a basic level but decided to upgrade and thought that this book would help me to start getting more into processing my photographs. I think that for a beginner with no knowledge of the package this book will get them on their way, for me I would have liked more in-depth stuff on how to work with some of the more intricate parts of the software. In a nutshell...great for beginners...not so good for the more advanced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic!, 29 Jan 2014
Bought this and Nick Vandome book as have just replaced Photoshop 4 plus updates. For a technophobe this is far easier to follow and understand - would highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent first and second step book, 25 Aug 2014
A good first and second step book. Basically, it's a what do you want to do? Well this is how you do it book and explains the operation of the various tools used to achieve your objective in a simple and clear way. An excellent book to dip in and out of. If you use Elements 12 every day, you will grow out of it and be looking for something more technical. If you use Elements 12 on an as and when basis, the book acts as a quick aide- memoire and saves a lot of time trying to remember what you did last time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop Elements 12, 7 May 2014
I have just completed a week two hourly workshop at my local library and thought it would be a good idea to have a book that helps me remember what I have learned.

5.0 out of 5 stars its easy, 30 Jan 2014
I found it easy to read and understand .it has has helped me get a lot more from elements.
I should have bought the book earlier.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Teach Yourself Visually Photoshop Elements 12 (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech))