5.0 out of 5 stars Really helping with a mamoth task
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Good for reference.
Published 5 months ago by Enjaysee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helping with a mamoth task, 28 Mar. 2014
I decided to go with Lightroom to organise my 2 TB+ of images rather than the Bridge latch-on that comes with Photoshop 6 or use Elements. As I tinkered with Lightroom 4, Adobe brought out version 5. I upgraded and I then researched a support book for my Kindle Fire to help me. It was great being able to download samples to try from Amazon. These served their purpose but always were the very beginnings of the book which includes (and wastes in a sample) effusive thanks to all who helped but it did clearly show if there were accompanying images to use in learning and experimentation. I even borrowed one of my secondary choices for a couple of weeks and, after perusing that one, I headed straight for Mr Rob Sylvan!
He is a new author to me so this book is new and not a re-hash, re-write of a Lightroom 4 book. I find it clear and extremely helpful. The bookmarking and note system in Kindle books is a great asset as it removes the need for extra notepads and sticky bit of paper indexing important points. The flow is good and the accompanying practice files are a very good asset. It is clear that Rob knows his stuff and a Kindle is easily propped by the side of my computer to act as a continuing reference. I am thoroughly satisfied and believe that I made the best choice and was very grateful for the way Amazon enabled me to browse and choose - hooked on a new system for technical advice, on to Lightroom for making the best of my pictures and on to Rob as a new author to provide insight and guidance.

Chris Baldwin

4.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Lightroom book, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Lightroom 5: Streamlining Your Digital Photography Process (Paperback)
This is a great book for balancing understanding how to achieve an outcome with how to use the software. I also have the very popular Scott Kelby book but don't like it much. He is a bit like Marmite and you can guess which camp I'm in. I find his style wearing and the book quite disjointed and I feel like he's trying to show the reader how clever he is all the time. This book flows much better, is more outcome focussed and is an easier read. With this book plus the excellent Digtal Negative and Digital Print books by Jeff Schewe you will be fully equipped to achieve pretty much anything that can be achieved in Lightroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best reference guide, 10 Oct. 2014
V. Armstrong-MacDonnell "revvivi" (Exeter, Devon UK) - See all my reviews
I tried several other Lightroom 5 guides before this one. The others were all helpful in getting me going, but as a fully indexed reference guide this one is by far the best. Anytime I have a query I check the index, find the relevant section and follow the instructions. It would probably be a little heavygoing as an introductory text, but once you have the basics in place, this is the book to keep alongside your computer on your desk.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 13 Oct. 2014
Enjaysee. (Berkshire UK) - See all my reviews
Good for reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Using Lightroom 5, 31 Dec. 2013
Very fast delivery, contains all the information to get up and running with Adobe Lightroom 5 and to fully experiment with this software

Lightroom 5: Streamlining Your Digital Photography Process
Lightroom 5: Streamlining Your Digital Photography Process by Nat Coalson (Paperback - 16 Aug. 2013)