on 26 January 2014
The book begins by offering a guide to the user interface and then the important works starts - using the program to draw. Line, Erase, Offset, Fillet, Extend and Trim are all explored, but not in enough detail as I found out when I tried the practice project at the end. The problem is that you know how to use the commands in the way that they are shown and if you face a situation where this isn't effective.
All isn't lost however as some trial and error proves effective as the program is very forgiving, thanks to Undo and Redo you can play all day and do no harm, but that isn't why I bought the book. If I wanted to learn this way I could have saved myself the price of the book!
After a timeout for some of the more boring aspects of creating drawings the book continues with other commands, but these are dealt with within the context of an architectural project, drawing a cabin layout. This is fine for those that want to do similar work as you are shown how to use commands to create various aspects of the drawing, but if you wish to work in a different field you are going to struggle. Not only is it difficult to locate the command you want, it isn't enough to know what you want to do but also what the command that will do it is called, but the commands are used in a limited way, for example to create a door, rather than looking at them in any depth. Sadly I found myself using the internet after a mere tenth of the book which makes it an expensive purchase.

I want a book that gives me the basics, so that I can walk, and then deals with things in more depth so that I can run and this isn't it, at least not for someone not working in the architectural field. I may find myself revisiting it once I get a degree of competence with AutoCad, but I won't be doing that by relying on the book.
on 12 February 2014
This is a very good book for me as I am a beginner to this advanced CAD program. Clear instruction and easy to follow. The only improvement would be to have all the print screen in colour.
on 9 January 2015
Good book, instructions a little hard to follow at times
on 2 April 2014
This book was offered at an excellent price and the delivery was efficient and fast. A 30 day free trial offered by AutoCAD now completed. I am very pleased with the outcome.