5.0 out of 5 stars My 9 year old is thrilled with this book.
I bought this book with the intention of understanding a bit more about Minecraft as my 9 year old is obsessed and speaks of little else. From that respect the book is great as it's very clear with lots of screenshots and a step by step guide to getting started.

Published 15 months ago by Mrs. Bryony A. Shaw

2.0 out of 5 stars minecraft for dummies
Thought the book would be bigger, more like some of the others in this series as it was bought for a present for my grandson.
Published 6 months ago by terence leedham

5.0 out of 5 stars My 9 year old is thrilled with this book., 16 May 2013
Mrs. Bryony A. Shaw "joltek" (Ely, Cambs) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Minecraft For Dummies (Paperback)

My son swiped it soon after it arrived in the house though as has taken it to bed with him every night since. He is a reluctant reader and its difficult to get him to read anything but he has read this from cover to cover and has it with him when he is playing so he can look things up that he doesn't understand. He discovered how to do things like build beacons and how to use potions ( or something like that!).

We have recommended it to all the Minecraft fans we know. It's particularly great for younger players as I suspect older players can get what info they need from forums and such but my son does not yet know how to the navigate the web that well and I am happy to delay that for as long as possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly good book!!!, 21 May 2013
This book really helped me with minecraft and I would recommend it massively!!!
Best minecraft book there is that I know of!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for new people and experienced ones, 15 Aug 2013
I'm very experienced at minecraft and I still got lots of new tips on how to do lots more things in minecraft I would recommend this book to all minecraft players

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent - informative and easy to follow + kids love it, 18 Oct 2013
A. Marshall (Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minecraft For Dummies (Paperback)
This is s very thorough introduction that both my 10 year old and 8 year old can easily follow and benefit from. It is an invaluable starting point for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Minecraft For Dummies (Paperback)
The book is really good! Each page is in detailed writing and is full of colour! This is an ideal book for the starters in minecraft to the complex players, This book doesnt just tell you about the game but about how you can buy it, using Mojang Etc.. I love it, Would certainly recommend to a friend!

2.0 out of 5 stars minecraft for dummies, 31 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT!!!!, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: Minecraft For Dummies (Paperback)
I choose this for my niece and son who are huge minecraft fans. Whilst I don't understand this minecraft phenomenon I am confident they will learn loads from this brilliant book. Just scanning through this book it looks informative, educational and fun. I'm really pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book but you have to print off the bonus chapter and recipes, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: Minecraft For Dummies (Paperback)
nice size (A5) and full of useful info. only gripe is the bonus chapter and recipe chapter aren't in the book, they're printable from the dummies website. just google it.
otherwise good buy, and price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy son :-), 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: Minecraft For Dummies (Paperback)
Brought for my mine craft mad son and he has not put it down :-) very happy and has given him lots of tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Resource for New Players and Parents, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Minecraft For Dummies (Paperback)
With over 10 million players, Minecraft has been a phenomenal commercial success and it has made a real change in the lives of many enthusiastic players. For new players interested in joining in the fun, Minecraft for Dummies can be an effective and low cost introduction.

Many spouses, parents and grandparents are also curious about the time spent in Minecraft by the players in their families and their enthusiastic talk of "creepers" and "redstone." Minecraft for Dummies can help persuade these other family members that time in the world of Minecraft is well spent as it teaches lessons of problem solving, creativity and collaboration. For parents deciding whether or not to allow their children to play Minecraft, the book will hopefully allay their concerns.

Once the basic mechanics of Minecraft are well understood, players will discover additional information online through well-maintained Wikis and an active community of users. There are even pioneers who are using the Minecraft platform to teach school lessons or build creative challenges to enhance the experience.

The book follows the familiar and popular Dummies format and contains links to helpful downloadable appendices. Minecraft for Dummies was written by a 15 year old who wanted to share his love for this game with others and grow the size of the Minecraft community. Full disclosure: the author is my son, but I really did not have a full appreciation of Minecraft until I read his book :-)

Minecraft For Dummies
Minecraft For Dummies by Jacob Cordeiro (Paperback - 12 April 2013)
5.24