5.0 out of 5 stars My 9 year old is thrilled with this book.
I bought this book with the intention of understanding a bit more about Minecraft as my 9 year old is obsessed and speaks of little else. From that respect the book is great as it's very clear with lots of screenshots and a step by step guide to getting started.

Published 21 months ago by Mrs. Bryony A. Shaw

2.0 out of 5 stars minecraft for dummies
Thought the book would be bigger, more like some of the others in this series as it was bought for a present for my grandson.
Published 13 months ago by terence leedham

5.0 out of 5 stars My 9 year old is thrilled with this book., 16 May 2013
Mrs. Bryony A. Shaw "joltek" (Ely, Cambs) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Minecraft For Dummies (Paperback)

My son swiped it soon after it arrived in the house though as has taken it to bed with him every night since. He is a reluctant reader and its difficult to get him to read anything but he has read this from cover to cover and has it with him when he is playing so he can look things up that he doesn't understand. He discovered how to do things like build beacons and how to use potions ( or something like that!).

We have recommended it to all the Minecraft fans we know. It's particularly great for younger players as I suspect older players can get what info they need from forums and such but my son does not yet know how to the navigate the web that well and I am happy to delay that for as long as possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly good book!!!, 21 May 2013
This book really helped me with minecraft and I would recommend it massively!!!
Best minecraft book there is that I know of!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book but you have to print off the bonus chapter and recipes, 7 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Minecraft For Dummies (Paperback)
nice size (A5) and full of useful info. only gripe is the bonus chapter and recipe chapter aren't in the book, they're printable from the dummies website. just google it.
otherwise good buy, and price.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent - informative and easy to follow + kids love it, 18 Oct. 2013
A. Marshall (Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minecraft For Dummies (Paperback)
This is s very thorough introduction that both my 10 year old and 8 year old can easily follow and benefit from. It is an invaluable starting point for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT!!!!, 4 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Minecraft For Dummies (Paperback)
I choose this for my niece and son who are huge minecraft fans. Whilst I don't understand this minecraft phenomenon I am confident they will learn loads from this brilliant book. Just scanning through this book it looks informative, educational and fun. I'm really pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for new people and experienced ones, 15 Aug. 2013
I'm very experienced at minecraft and I still got lots of new tips on how to do lots more things in minecraft I would recommend this book to all minecraft players

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Minecraft For Dummies (Paperback)
The book is really good! Each page is in detailed writing and is full of colour! This is an ideal book for the starters in minecraft to the complex players, This book doesnt just tell you about the game but about how you can buy it, using Mojang Etc.. I love it, Would certainly recommend to a friend!

2.0 out of 5 stars minecraft for dummies, 31 Jan. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant help at hand, 5 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Minecraft For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this book for my daughter who is a user of Minecraft on Kindle and was moving to using the more encompassing game on PC. I also bought it to teach me more about the game because she talks to me about the game (and I have no idea what she's talking about) and I'm currently no use if she has any issues. I have to say that for all the above reasons the the book is great; it's easy to understand and offers lots of screenshots and simple step-by-step processes to follow.

My daughter keeps the book next to the PC. She prefers to play the game and find her own way however when she's stuck she picks the book up and so far she's finding all the answers she needs. Of course Google can help too but as a first fix she is using the book.

I'm not sure how involved she'll get in the game eventually (I have adult friends who play and they have a completely different Minecraft experience to her) however at the moment this book is great and I''d recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect present, 15 Oct. 2013
L. Nygate (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minecraft For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this book for a friend's son's 9th birthday, on her recommendation. I'm told he absolutely loves it and doesn't put it down. My son looked through it when it arrived here, and he thought it was great, and asked for it as a stocking-filler. Obviously a hit with 8/9 year old Minecraft fans. Excellent price at £5.

Minecraft For Dummies
Minecraft For Dummies by Jacob Cordeiro (Paperback - 12 April 2013)