5.0 out of 5 stars It does just what it says on the cover., 17 Nov 2013
Kenneth J. Morris (Burton-upon Trent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon D5200 For Dummies (Paperback)
Having just purchased a D5200 I discovered that the (excellent but) rather dry manual supplied with the camera tended to make me fall asleep. So I sent for "Dummies". It is superb. Well written, very well "sectioned" and with a reliable index. I have found it indispensable. Full marks to Ms King. P.S. I'm a rank amateur photographer, but needed to get 'up-to-speed' with photos to accompany my semi-professional writing work.

5.0 out of 5 stars As with all 'For Dummies' publications it does the job very well!, 18 Aug 2013
beemer867 (Milton Keynes) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon D5200 For Dummies (Paperback)
As usual the book does the job, and does it well. The manual is well laid out and informative, with all the very visual bullet points, all the 'do's and don't's'. Very well explained on all the technical aspects of how to do a specific operation or function. As regards the 'cheat sheet' download from www.dummies, don't waste your time, it would be better to print off pages 1,2,3,4,6 on the 'emanual' from the DVD manual and driver, a much better and more informative 'cheat sheet'!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to the camera, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: Nikon D5200 For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought my Nikon D5200 without any experience of SLR photography as all I had used previously was the point and shoot digital cameras on Auto mode. This has proved invaluble in helping me to understand and appreciate the importance of ISO, exposure levels and ultimately making sure that I never use the 'Auto' function again! Full colour illustrations are definitely a bonus

would have been a 5 star review if this book had been available sooner as I had the camera for months before this was released

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon 5200 for dummies book, 23 Feb 2014
If you have any doubt about buying this book, don't, it is superb! I am new to a DSLR but have explored getting out of manual mode previously and this book has explained to me so many things I did not know, despite reading loads on the internet. It is far better than the manual that comes with the camera and explains what every function does but in easy to understand ways. The E book for kindle is cheaper and great because it is now on the ipad and portable with my camera. Don't think twice just buy it! Love this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars This dummy loves it, 17 Feb 2014
I bought this at the same time as I bought the camera and I must say it is very comprehensive and much better than the manual supplied with the camera - for a start, the paper manual provided is a microscopic font, in black and white - and as dry as dust. The dummies book is witty, in plain English, has all the advantages of an ebook like hyperlinks to illustrations etc and is comprehensive. The illustrations are in colour and are very helpful. This book is a must if you are buying this camera and the ebook price through Amazon is a real bargain

5.0 out of 5 stars good book for nice price, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Nikon D5200 For Dummies (Paperback)
this is a good book and for the price you pay it is it more than worth seen it for much more in a shop

5.0 out of 5 stars good intro book, 6 Jan 2014
A comprehensive step by step description of the camera features for newbies of the dslr world like me. Would highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Nikon D5200 For Dummies (Paperback)
Really good for learning about your camera and what the different settings are for it and how to use.

Incredible

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, easy to understand, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Nikon D5200 For Dummies (Paperback)
just what i needed, going to buy the camera for xmas, the book is well writen just for novice's like me, starting with DSLR camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Nikon D5200 For Dummies (Paperback)
This is an excellent manual, packed with all the information I need to master my Nikon D5200.
I am new to DSLRs and I have found this book to be invaluable because it not only deals with detailed specifics of the D5200 but it also gives a good background to DSLR photography in general. Each section is well laid out and the numerous screen shots presented throughout really help with inderstanding how to get the best from the camera. If you have just bought a D5200 I strongly recommend that you buy this manual.

ARRAY(0xaa481ce4)

Nikon D5200 For Dummies
Nikon D5200 For Dummies by Julie Adair King (Paperback - 3 May 2013)
14.73