5.0 out of 5 stars Most important book for WordPress developers
If you are or want to be a WordPress developer you need two books: this one and "Wordpress Plugin Development" by B.Williams, O.Richard and J.Tadlock
Do not buy this book if you just want to learn how to customise WordPress themes and templates because here authors go onto the next step.
Published 16 months ago by Carlo Bazzo

1.0 out of 5 stars How frustrating!
I am sorry - as an experienced programmer, I find this book very frustrating. For each sentence containing useful technical information, there is a page of essay writing about generalities. The best thing I can say is that my frustration has led me to read the code when I want understand in any depth what is going on!
Published 9 months ago by ckw

5.0 out of 5 stars Most important book for WordPress developers, 7 Mar 2013
This review is from: Professional WordPress: Design and Development (Wrox Programmer to Programmerwrox Professional Guides) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and logical, 16 May 2013
Mr. M. Richards "Mike" (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I am a self taught programmer who just dabbles in the odd bit of code here and there. I've built a few web sites so have played with HTML 5 and CSS 3. I wanted to change my existing MODX site to Wordpress and also put together a very basic Wordpress shop for a friend. Given my background, this is an excellent Wordpress reference. The book is very logically structured and is an excellent introduction for someone with my experience. I can see that it will also be a useful reference once I've done a bit more work with Wordpress. In addition to the excellent content, the print quality, paper and binding are all very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive, 2 May 2014
I learnt a lot of things from this book. Keep it close, you will be referring to it a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Books, 10 April 2014
James Page (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
Superb book to get started. Well worth every penny. Wordpress is defiantly become a great way to do content managed websites

5.0 out of 5 stars THE RIGHT DOCUMENTATION, 31 Jan 2014
This was very relevant to our team as we are developing a number of websites and needed a really simple standard product to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good reference, 30 Aug 2013
As will all the books of this series, this is an easy to use and wasy to read reference for WordPress. This is now one of my most used wordpress books on my bookshelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality of Content: Brilliant - Condition of Book: Looks second hand, 31 Jan 2013
The book itself is excellent. Its very informative and very detailed; perfect for people wanting to develop their skills in WordPress. Although the book itself arrived in bad condition. The corners of the front cover were bent and the edges worn. This was brought via Amazon itself and its the second time it's happened, very disappointing.

At the end of the day its all about the quality of the content which is second to none. Its a must for anyone wanting improve their skills in producing successful WordPress Sites. I am still giving it a five star as im really pleased with it so far.

Will I end up returning it due to its condition? Probably not as I really can't be arsed with the hassle. I might seem ridicules over some scuffs here and there but hey, at the end of the day when I buy something I expect it to be in perfect condition.

1.0 out of 5 stars How frustrating!, 2 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 25 Mar 2013
Very good book, helps to understanding entry level of WP, how it works etc. Very well organized. It is not cookbook, but really helps to "get it" and start exploring further.