5.0 out of 5 stars The best popular health book ever!
When I first read Professor Loren Cordain's American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2005 scientific paper summarizing the Paleolithic Nutrition template, I radically changed the way I viewed Nutrition and Health. Everything finally made sense.

Published on 22 Feb. 2012 by P. C. Bastos

3.0 out of 5 stars Very enlightening
I have been mainly wheat free for 6 months now and it has made an amazing difference to my IBS symptoms. I was looking to take it further and Paleo is definitely my way forward. This book explains it all very clearly and, although a little too strict for me (I'll be on tap water and limited amounts of dairy to begin with) it gives some amazing tips and ideas.
Published on 29 Dec. 2012 by Lewvic

5.0 out of 5 stars The best popular health book ever!, 22 Feb. 2012
P. C. Bastos - See all my reviews

I then started reading everything he wrote, including his scientific papers, his internet articles and of course his books The Paleo Diet, The Paleo Diet for Athletes and The Dietary Cure for Acne. I can say I became addicted to his writings. And this was the beginning of a fantastic journey, where I would abandon a career in Business Administration/Economics to pursue a new one in Nutrition research.

A few years later I had the honour and privilege to start collaborating with Professor Cordain in a number of articles and scientific papers, which made me see first hand the incredibly deep encyclopaedic knowledge he possesses across various disciplines. This vast knowledge combined with his 30+ years teaching experience is reflected in his new book The Paleo Answer, which is filled with new information that you won't find in his previous writings.

In The Paleo Answer you will see new information on saturated fat, you will gain a more comprehensive view about the various potential adverse effects of cereal grains and dairy and you will learn about the relatively forgotten topic of antinutrients, such as lectins and saponins and about the importance of you water source and cooking methods. You will also understand the connection between diet and autoimmunity and how the Paleo Diet works for women and children, among other topics.

Almost 10 years after his first book was launched, Professor Cordain gives us this great present - The Paleo Answer, which I highly recommend to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr Cordain does it again!!, 19 Feb. 2012
E. M. Copus (London, England) - See all my reviews
Absolutely fantastic and informative! I am a huge fan of Dr Cordain and his writing style so every time he publishes a book I am first in the queue! In this book, Dr Cordain honestly and bravely confronts some of his past beliefs and is not afraid to review his standpoint based on the latest scientific research, such as on saturated fats, for example. I am still reading it but can assure you that this is a first-class book on a subject that has become very dear to me. It has completely changed the way I feed myself and my family; has greatly improved my son's childhood acne; has made my energy levels soar and, in addition to all that, I look and feel at least 10 years younger, according to family and friends! What's not to like about all this?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 8 July 2013
Mr. J. S. Ghataurhae "lionjaz" (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Paleo Answer: 7 Days to Lose Weight, Feel Great, Stay Young (Paperback)
This is my 4th book on the Paleo Diet, I should say Healthy Lifestyle. I am so passionate about Paleo that I tell everyone I meet and highly recommend everyone gives it a try as it will change your life for the better...!!! I have been on it for six months now and lost two and a half stones without exercise.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very enlightening, 29 Dec. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative, 7 April 2014
There is a lot of information in this book. I also watched a You Tube video clip of an hour long interview which consolidated my learning. Do not read this if you are a vegetarian because the message is loud and clear Don't it is bad for your health. This method of eating is quite restrictive but there is a lot of research which has gone in to compiling this book explaining why. I think it is very difficult to be 100% paleo in this day and age (too many temptations) however if for any health reason you want to try this then it is a good book to start with. I looked at the recipe book he wrote together with his wife, as I found it hard to make the transition on the plate especially trying to cater for others in the family who are big carb. eaters. I think there are probably better books for ideas on the theme. All in all I respect the author and I would recommend you to get the book along with Chris Kresser's book Your personal paleo diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb book!, 7 Dec. 2014
This book is life changing. It informs, guides and enables the reader to understand how their life can be improved by simply following a few simple guidelines. Thank you Loren Cordain.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull reading..., 18 Jan. 2015
...unless the science behind Paleo fascinates you. You've only got to look at the bibliography to understand that this book is a justification for the approach.

5.0 out of 5 stars reasons to do paleo, 5 Mar. 2014
This book is great and really useful info .Not to lose weight but why health problems occur and seemingly un treatable problems can be resolved

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but is it true?, 6 Sept. 2013
It makes sense to eat as our far ancestors did, as nature intended instead of letting a corrupt food industry poison us with the blessing of every greedy government, both of which only care about money. In my case, eating the paleo way led me to a stone in weight gain, although I felt more content. What I could not agree with the author about was that high dosages of vitamins and herbs might be harmful and we should rely only on food. This might have been true 60 years ago but over the years food has reduced in potency and it does not give us the nutriment it used to. I also feel I fare better on vegetables and so I eat a little fish and a small amount of cheese for protean. The author is also against milk, which I find essential for tea and coffee. But this book is full of scientific facts, one of which is that stone age man did not eat grains, bread, pasta or flour and these do not sit well with our DNA needs, and so I do not eat them, as natural is best

5.0 out of 5 stars excelent book, 27 May 2013
Everyone should read this book. I recommend this book to anyone who want to change their life style for good. The receipts are really useful .Very happy with it.

The Paleo Answer: 7 Days to Lose Weight, Feel Great, Stay Young
The Paleo Answer: 7 Days to Lose Weight, Feel Great, Stay Young by Loren Cordain (Paperback - 12 Oct. 2012)