Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 December 2012
This is the first digital illustrated book that I have purchased. Downloaded it to my I Pad. Exceeded my expectations easy to read and work along with when photo editing on my PC. The illustrations are easy to read although a little blurred. This does not infringe on the ease of using the "digital" book. Having a quick access to the book content makes it easy to choose work packages. Owned the visual edition book before and have always been pleased with them and this is no exception. Down load the sample version to try out. I would not recommend the kindle version because the illustrations would only be in monochrome. Will work in colour mode on any tablet.
Cheers n all that as we say in Lancashire
on 28 February 2013
I am a member of a camera club and have been giving advice to other members on the use of both Elements and adobe Photoshop. In order to help me further I chose this book and have not been disappointed. It has taught me a great deal more than I already knew and has become a valuable training aid. As a result, several members of the club have since bought their own copies of this book.
on 18 January 2013
I find this book very useful when using Photoshop Elements, having pictures with tags that show what to look out for and which icons to select is a great help, their is not to much reading which I also like, very good, I would recomend it to anyone new to, or still in the process of learning Photoshop Elements 11.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 April 2013
This book is ideal for someone new to the software and wants easy shortcuts to get results quickly. Well laid out, clearly illustrated and simple to follow.
on 14 August 2013
Got to disagree with the other reviewers. Personally, I don't think this is that great. It's not so much what's in it, it's more what isn't - e.g. stuff on dodge and burn, and perhaps how to *replace* a sky etc. I also think it has a fairly appalling index at the back. If you've never used Elements before then this is fine as a kick start but it could be a lot better. What I was hoping for was a comprehensive "cookbook"; this isn't it, so will need to try another book now.
on 16 March 2013
A useful book but more for the beginner than for an experienced user. It is well written and clear and well illustrated.
on 6 July 2013
I am new to the world of layers and recomposition and found the method of instruction to be followable and clear. Almost everything I wanted to achieve is specifically covered in separate sections in the book. I would have liked a specific section on portraits and how to swap heads or faces but these methods are easily found through Google.
on 28 February 2013
I was bought PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS for Christmas and even though I am very conversant with Photoshop proper and use it frequently I found Elements much more difficult to use, so I bought this book to help. It did not make using Elements any easier so it is not for beginners in my opinion - Photoshop is so much better
on 18 March 2013
as the heading says it isn't bad and there are a few good tips but a lot of the tips are but most are well known and for the price it is a little expensive for the number of useful tips but having said this if you are a complete Photoshop novice it will give you some handy staring tips which is why I gave it 4*s
on 1 February 2013
As I am lucky to have 2 Laptops side by side, this book is ideal for learning Elements 11 as I can edit my Picks on one and sort out any problems using the book on the other. Purrrfect.