Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 October 2012
I have to thank Ali for a really great book (thank you Ali..). If you know nothing about this industry or even if you have published one or two books, you will take something (a lot in fact) out of this book. It takes you from start to finish and makes it easy to understand what is involved in publishing your own E-book. It is focused on those with PCs (me) but does have a chapter for Mac users. I would thoroughly recommend that you buy it. It is not for Dummies - far from it.
on 15 August 2013
I highly recommend this book to anyone who's thinking of self-publishing. Ali Luke hits just the right note of friendly, patient understanding as she takes you through all the stages of publishing your e-book on the various e-reader platforms and troubleshoots any potential problems you might have along the way. She manages to defuse the scariness of the technicalities and encourages you not only to publish but to promote and sell your work effectively. Logical, well-illustrated with screenshots and examples, clearly-written and lucidly structured, as one might expect from a book in the For Dummies series.
on 8 April 2013
I breathed a sigh of relief when I came across this in my local library, having struggled for almost a week with the technical requirement for publishing an E-book and the conflicting or incomplete information given in various 'help' articles. I was so pleased to get some down to earth information, together with suggestions on how to promote my books once published online, that I ordered my own copy from Amazon. I
on 1 October 2012
I've been reading Ali Luke's blog at aliventures.com for some years, and own several of her e-books about self-publishing. I've used many of her strategies in getting my own, traditionally-published books up to scratch (disclosure: I'm also a For Dummies author). But until last month, I'd never published my own e-books on Amazon. At the time of writing (October 1), I have three.

Publishing E-books For Dummies takes you from the very basics (planning your book or using a word-processor to format it, in this case) to skills some experts may still need to develop (such as marketing your book well), all in a friendly, easy-to-read style that shows you that things you thought were hard may actually be easy.

It certainly lit a fire under me to get my e-books written and out into the world.
on 23 March 2016
Not as helpful as I thought it would be. Trouble with all these books is they do not help if things go wrong. Submit a Mobi or epub file to an ebook distributor on the net and if it gives you a list of error messages then this book is no help at all. Seems OK for novel writers but anything more complicated with illustrations and its no help. Also keeps telling you to get professional and expensive help. You do not need to there is plenty of free help out there. Seems to be written for the USA market as are most things. Would not buy at full price.
on 16 December 2012
This is a very useful product and I thoroughly recommend it. It has been very useful and I can ow understand the technicalities of ebook writing.
on 21 February 2013
As an ignorant unpublished author this 296 page book makes me aware of so much I did not yet know.
Ms Luke has accomplished a difficult task extremely well. She carefully shows all that seems to be involved from start to finish and writes in a simple way.
The title word "Dummies" is an attractive joke but maybe the page layouts follow it too closely.
on 17 October 2013
I found this really easy to follow and even though I didn't do things exactly the way Ali says in the end, it helped me learn what I needed to do. I still can't quite get how Paint.net works but Calibre was a brilliant find.
on 12 February 2014
Absolutely invaluable for first timers to ebook publishing. It made the whole experience exciting rather than stressful. I had expected tears, but I was so proud when I saw my book on the site, I smiled!
on 12 October 2013
Useful and easy to read, full of good tips for many different aspects of e-book publishing. I would say this book has helped me a great deal, even as an experienced author.