Minor Injury and Minor Illness at a Glance
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£25.64+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 9 March 2015
I received this title to review in time for my final year A&E rotation from the publisher and can say it is very useful.

This title covers a range of the more minor presentations that you can expect to see in the A&E department along with the red flags that you should be aware of for when there may be a more serious underlying condition. The layout and style of writing are easy to follow and I have found it to be highly accessible for use in an A&E department attachment along with the Adult Emergency Medicine at a Glance and Medicine at a Glance titles, together they provided much of the knowledge that was needed.

The disadvantage of the title would be that it could do with covering a slightly wider range of presentations in a slightly greater depth and also some of the less significant presentations with simple management to have had a few words on them.

In conclusion I found this to be a useful title to have whilst on my A&E attachment and I would encourage you to access a copy through your university/BMA library or purchase a copy for yourself.

Competing Interest: Medical Student Reviewer - Received Gratis Copy of this title to Review from Publisher
on 4 October 2014
Excellent for a memory jogger of the important key parts you can't miss on an examination.
on 12 July 2014
It's not very detailed at all! Very summarised, not a good book in general