5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Customer
Published on 17 Aug 2012 by Nick

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable Tutorials
I think this book is helpful in terms of tutorials but fails to deal with the explanation of background concepts.
Published on 13 Nov 2012 by AngelMother

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Customer, 17 Aug 2012
This review is from: Autodesk Revit Architecture 2013 Essentials (Autodesk Official Training Guide: Essential) (Paperback)
Great book and worth every penny. I began working through the book back in June and completed the book yesterday. I managed to fit in an hour or so of study most days. I had absolutely no Revit experience before I opened the book although I was familiar with AutoCAD. At no point did I feel I was out of my depth while studying the book and the one point I did encounter a problem I received a quick response from the books team via there fb page. The problem I had was due to me missing templates and families which was quickly resolved by reinstalling the software.

4.0 out of 5 stars Revit Architecture for Starters, 4 Mar 2014
If you are looking to get into BIM with Autodesk Revit Architecture, then this is one of the books you should be reading. (Building Information Modeling.) Check Out Mastering Autodesk Revit Architecture as well.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good starting point for BIM, 17 July 2013
Mr. Rjscott - See all my reviews
Easy to follow instructions with good on-line resources. A great stating point to learn REVIT and a good resource for information and pointers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poorly written, 10 Mar 2013
The book goes over all the basic concepts well, but these are very easy to learn if you have prior experiance with Autodesk products. When the author tries to go into greater detail the books is very poorly written and leaves me clueless. The book has multiple authors which is usually fine, however because the book has been editied poorly it is clear when the author changes, as each author reference different tools differently making it very hard to read! Very dissapointed. Stick to Youtube videos. Much much better

4.0 out of 5 stars Straight forward, more or less., 21 Jan 2013
I found this is easy to use and to work my way through, although it is not without its faults. Everynow and then you will find that a rereading is necessary to be able to be successful in achieving the exercises - although this is was annoying it was not impossible to solve and ultimately lead me to remember more as a concequence.

My main complaint is that the book (and presumably the rest are the same) assumes that you are opperating in imperial which required me installing the 'US Imperial' set to complete the book. While this is not complusory, consideration for the UK Metric users would be appreciated.

Otherwise a very good introduction to Revit (assuming you have a search engine to hand).

7/10