4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive infromation for beginners, 29 Nov 2012
Mrs. E. J. Carter (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Advanced Google AdWords (Paperback)
Not too sure why it's called advanced as I think anyone starting out with adwords would find this book very good with comprehensive cover and easy to understand, well written explanations of how to set up adwords from beginning to end starting with keywords right through to testing the ads.

Unfortunately it didn't answer my problem, as I was hoping this second edition would cover PLAs (product listing ads) used for paid-for Google shopping already in operation in the US and soon to be implemented in UK (I think this is the case - but am struggling to find out how any of this is going to work which is why I bought this book!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 9 Aug 2013
As a professional who works in online marketing I was looking for a book to take my understanding of google Adwords to the next level. This book did that and more.

Only slight warning is that Google have recently changed some of their tools and setup which means some of this content is out of date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only book you need, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Advanced Google AdWords (Paperback)
This book is hardcore. All the other books just skim the surface, this one is the definitive guide. You don't need any other.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth having around the office, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: Advanced Google AdWords (Paperback)
I work for a large UK SEM agency and like to grab occasional books like these for the staff. So that, during screen-rest time, I can still give our account managers some Adwords related reading (mwa ha ha)
I cannot comment if it's any good for the novice (our guys are pro Adwords from the get-go), but as a reference for ad inspirations and tweaks its great. The account managers have definitely used this to help save the client money on accounts, even the managers that are too proud to own up to reading books like this.

Like all books though, be prepared to get the updates as Adwords keeps evolving.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good indepth book, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Advanced Google AdWords (Paperback)
Great book, lots of detail in here. lots of step by steps. Book would have got 5 stars from me but its abit heavy reading for my liking. I prefer to have chapters which i can read stage by stage so i can put the book down every once in a while. Even though this book is compact it could be too compact and would take a while to get your head around as its a reading and doing book. Other than that its a good read with lots of references for you to return back to when your stuck later on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic. Well worth it., 10 April 2014
A very well written book I would highly recommend. Excellent tips for all aspects of Adwords. You won't regret purchasing this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Seasoned AdWords Professionals, 27 Feb 2014
A fantastic read for anyone working with large accounts on a daily basis.You will learn some new tricks from this book no doubt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitive, 13 Jan 2014
Kev "Writer, geek, dad." (Alton, Hamshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I nearly bought the Perry Marshall book but have an earlier edition and was looking for something new: Brad Geddes's book is exactly what I was looking for. I've been running Adwords campaigns since 2005 but needed a refresher to help me reorganise a large account that had got out of hand during the busy pre-Xmas period. This book refreshed by knowledge of the basics and introduced me to many of the aspects that have changed in the meantime. It also offers a step by step process, in the final chapter, to implementing a well organised AdWords campaign.At present, I'm working on my text ads but will move on to the display ads once they're working well - I can't comment on those aspects of the book therefore at present.

My only criticism is that it could do with an update to cover the latest features and the big revamp of the user interface Google has undertaken in the past year or so. Otherwise, superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knowledge = Power, 9 Jan 2014
Fantastic book, easy to read, follow and soak up the information. I've not finished the book yet but at 25% I am extremely happy with this purchase. This book is also great as a companion whilst working on PPC. Highly recommended to any PPC manager!

Advanced Google AdWords
Advanced Google AdWords by Brad Geddes (Paperback - 13 April 2012)
21.59