5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be frightened
Published on 29 Feb 2012 by Richard M

3.0 out of 5 stars IPad for dummies.
Purchased this book as I know nothing about ipads its an age thing. The book does help a little but dissapointed as seems very disjointed I think you could buy better. Or as stated it may just be an age thing.
Published on 24 Aug 2012 by Dot

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be frightened, 29 Feb 2012
This review is from: IPad 2 for Seniors for Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this as an assistance for my wife to help her launch into use of her IPad. She had not used any Apple products before. It is a thoroughly excellent publication, reassuring and easy to use without being patronising. I now receive regular emails from the IPad and it is fair to say that the book is responsible for her opening a new chapter in her engagement with IT. As for many of the third generation a little bit of consideration for the different needs to those of less maturity has encouraged a curiosity which grows by the day. I recommend the book without reservation.

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad 2 for seniors Dummies, 30 Jan 2012
Mrs. J. Sturzaker "TV addict" (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IPad 2 for Seniors for Dummies (Paperback)
Very helpful book I would recommend it to anyone who is new to Apple computers. The book was ordered before release and the price had dropped this reduction was passed on to me very good Amazon .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent starting point for seniors, 26 Aug 2012
This review is from: IPad 2 for Seniors for Dummies (Paperback)
I am an oldie who is fairly computer illiterate and who has just bought an IPad 2. The problem with IPads is that they do not come with an instruction book, the user guide being on the screen and which you can only access once you have set the thing up. This proved more than I could manage, so I had to get help setting it up from an Apple shop.

Once the IPad was working I realised although the on screen User Guide is useful, I really needed a printed instruction book and bought the book "Ipad 2 for Seniors" from Amazon.

I find this book to be excellent, having large clear print and plenty of full colour pictures of screen shots to guide you gently through. The only very slight disadvantage is that the author is American and she is writing for American readers. This means that, for example, when discussing prices of IPad 2s, she quotes figures in US$, and when saying where to buy one she lists shops in U.S.A.

That minor problem aside, I have read the first five chapters of the book and have learned a lot from it.
This book is an excellent starting point for any senior who has just got an IPad 2 and is highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great starting point for new, older users, 25 April 2012
This review is from: IPad 2 for Seniors for Dummies (Paperback)
Clear, helpful and a great starting point for novices. It has helped us immensely to master some processes on our new iPad.

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad 2 For Seniors (For Dummies), 7 Aug 2012
This review is from: IPad 2 for Seniors for Dummies (Paperback)
Excellent content and very helpful especially when the iPad does something unexpected and leaves you with that "I wonder what happened there thought"or I did not know it could do that I have found it great as a reference book to clear up the odd misunderstanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for my Mum, 17 April 2012
Kaz (Uckfield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: IPad 2 for Seniors for Dummies (Paperback)
My Mum who is 75 years old has recently bought an iPad and whilst she has a PC I wouldnt say she was confident with it so was daunted by the prospect of a new iPad. I bought this book to help her if she got stuck and it's certainly done the trick, wherever the iPad goes this book goes to and it has become her instruction manual, she says it's easy to follow and has made her much more confident to try different things with the iPad so well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars ipad for seniors, 8 July 2012
wwwoods "billnben" (polegate east sussex) - See all my reviews
i bought this ipad for seniors and downloaded on to kindle, agreat and practicle book for allnew and not so new owners of ipad2 and3.it is in chapter format for each function of your ipad so it is clear in its instructions, so read twice and practice what you have read and i am sure you will be very happy with your results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful for someone unfamiliar with Apple systems., 6 Nov 2012
This review is from: IPad 2 for Seniors for Dummies (Paperback)
I found this guide helpful in becoming used to the workings of the IPad. My previous experience (fairly limited) was all with Windows. I now find it a useful reference manual.

2.0 out of 5 stars out of date, 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: IPad 2 for Seniors for Dummies (Paperback)
my iPad was a present with OS 6 and the book is for OS5 it iis not clearly indicated
on the selling site , all the figures are a page behind the text and bear no resembelance to my iPad

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 pad 2 for seniors, 6 April 2013
This review is from: IPad 2 for Seniors for Dummies (Paperback)
I am not a senior, but I found it the most easiest of manuals to follow, thank you, my mum has it now, found out about thing I never knew before.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

IPad 2 for Seniors for Dummies
IPad 2 for Seniors for Dummies by Nancy C. Muir (Paperback - 6 Jan 2012)
In stock on December 28, 2014