5.0 out of 5 stars Useful read.
Published 3 months ago by P. Goodwin

3.0 out of 5 stars A clearer version of the manual. No great insights
This is fine. I have bought these before for my other canon cameras and the Canon manual is small and printed on tissues so this is a replacement manual. I didn't get any great insights from the book but it is a competent quick ref

You can get a PDF manual from the Canon disks or website and put that on a kindle....not sure I would buy the Kindle version of...
Published 7 months ago by An Eclectic

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful read., 20 May 2014
P. Goodwin (Brighton) - See all my reviews
I am finding this book really useful in moving from a 7D to the 5Dmk3. Many of the camera controls are the same, enough are different that this is a useful aid. It is loaded on my kindle and tablet and I usually have one at hand to refer to. This is a much easier read than the Canon manual, I do wonder if Canon deliberately make the manuals opaque to create a thriving market for authors of books like this. Highly recommended reading for 5d3 owners.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 12 Aug 2013
This review is from: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital Field Guide (Paperback)
I've often found these kind of books to be either too intense, or not enough by going on an on about the same thing, over and over again, an not telling you anything
This seems to be a bit different. It is very informative and very easy to read. Excellent size to carry with you for quick and easy reference whilst out and about.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic, in depth thorough, and thoroughly usable book on a great camera..., 11 July 2014
This review is from: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital Field Guide (Paperback)
When I first got my camera I found the whole "Functions" thing a little daunting.

Having grown up and cut my teeth on manual 35mm film cameras the wealth of focusing and other options were a little daunting. I spent the next 8 months basically using it on manual, in the default setup [except for shooting in RAW] as a basic camera with autofocus that had movable ISO. For a while that was enough for me, and it gave me excellent results. I would flick through the book, work out how something worked, and slowly add to the knowledge I had, and the way I used the camera.

What I'm trying to say here is this is a book that you can both sit down and read cover to cover, or just dip into as you need. It really doesn't contain anything that the manual doesn't already have, but it's a lot better structured and believe me that is worth every penny.

The chapters are broken down into things that you need to achieve in order to use the camera effectively such as attain focus in various situations, or getting good exposure. What is great about this book is that she covers the basics like "What is a good exposure" in such a way that experts can simply skip and people who are altogether new to photography can learn from.

This is not by any means a definitive tome on the theory and practice of photography, but it pretty much a definitive book on it's application using a Canon EOS 5D MK3...

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for all Canon EOS Mark iii owners, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital Field Guide (Paperback)
Excellent helpful guide,its clean cut easy to understand & maximises you & you're cameras potential. I have learned so much from reading this

4.0 out of 5 stars Great at explaining!, 22 May 2014
David R. Taylor (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital Field Guide (Paperback)
this is a great book as it explains more easily than the official book about the 5Dmk3. The Canon 5Dmk3 has a steep learning curb. So I took each step at a time. This book helps very well as I was able to dip into it when I had a particular issue I had to know about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vera the biker., 1 May 2014
This review is from: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital Field Guide (Paperback)
This is the second field guide I have purchased,by Charlotte, and is excellent used in conjuction with the owners handbook.Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Clear, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital Field Guide (Paperback)
Would recommend to a friend.
It brings additional clarity when read in conjunction with Canon camera and Canon flash manual.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon 5d m3 best camera guide averall, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital Field Guide (Paperback)
This is the best camera book guide I have read. It has brought me up to date on my 5d m3 and now I know a lot more about it than before. Chalotte also writes about her experiences which is invaluable because of her years with photography.
Finally the book is an all over guide how to master the canon 5d m3..10 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars A good basic intro to a very complex camera., 6 Jan 2014
Dickydark (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital Field Guide (Paperback)
Recommended to all those who want to find out a bit more about their fantatstic 5D mkiii. It's not overly detailed, but is a lot better than just the manual. A good stepping stone to getting you test out your new baby more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative book, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital Field Guide (Paperback)
Very well written and informative book. A useful book to compliment the supplied Canon user guide. After some research I chose
this book, very pleased I did!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital Field Guide
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital Field Guide by Charlotte K. Lowrie (Paperback - 6 July 2012)
9.79