5.0 out of 5 stars Start blogging with ease

3.0 out of 5 stars Content seems ok just the presentation is difficult to read
Published 20 months ago by Alexander Kreator

5.0 out of 5 stars Start blogging with ease, 15 April 2013
This review is from: Blogging For Dummies (Paperback)
This is a great book that explains everything you need to know about blogging. I would say it's mostly for those who are just starting up a blogg for the first time. However, it would make a good reference tool for more experienced bloggers as well. It also takes you through the specifics of the most popular blogg hosts such as 'Blogger', 'Wordpress' and Tumblr. and moves on to show you how to market yourself, make money from your blogg and blogging for companies and so on. In this book I think most people will find everything they need to start their own blogg and to keep going for many years to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 4 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Blogging For Dummies (Paperback)
good book for beginners..shows how to start up, develop and continue...suggested reading for budding bloggers.shows to start with various sites, providers and the end goal for all bloggers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book for new bloggers, 24 July 2012
Elizabeth S. Wells (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Blogging For Dummies (Paperback)
Having recently entered "blogosphere", I am so glad of this practical guide to making the most of blogging. When I see the titles of this excellent series, I want to say, "Not for dummies - if interested - then certainly not dummies". However, that aside, very good value and excellent intruction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for an informed decision, 21 Nov. 2013
Mr BD - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Blogging For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this because it has been very many years since I've had a web site of my own and wanted to know what the options are in this day and age. I work within IT and just couldn't be bothered to spend my home time constructing web sites and suchlike, so wanted to know what easier options are available.
This book takes you through the common terminology and covers the various ways to be 'heard' out there - Wordpress, Twitter, Podcasts, RSS and suchlike.
It is well written and clearly explains the basics of most options. There is advice on appearance, marketing, finding your particular niche and example abound of interesting and well presented sites.
An excellent example of the 'Dummies' range which certainly helped me to create a site that suited my purpose.

3.0 out of 5 stars Content seems ok just the presentation is difficult to read, 11 Sept. 2013
Cover 2.5 follows the Dummies house style as teach yourself books used to once upon a time, so easily identified. I am new to blogging as a writer and am finding one cannot do everything. Some useful help in the book on the Google Blogger which I am using. Earlier I started to use Word Press and found it a bit beyond me. Like car maintenance manuals I suspect there may be steps missing or glossed over, but I am too new to the subject to realise. I may take out of the library again and give some more comments then.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book - shame about the supplier!, 3 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Blogging For Dummies (Paperback)
The book itself is great my problem is the book was allegedly in either good or very good condition and the front cover was in a vile state, it had a bright orange ring mark on it that made me vomit when I wiped it off with a wet wipe because it had a most perculiar odour to it, it also left a stain and wrinkled patch where I rubbed. It wouldn't have killed the supplier to have cleaned it before posting it, and might have justified the price. Can't tell you the supplier's name as they failed to include any paperwork with the book put did include a load of stapled junk mail similar to those in cheap magazines - really not impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 21 May 2013
I have been blogging for over 2 years as would say that this definetly gave me great pointers. I learned how to increase my traffic and make some more revenue from my blog.

I have also approached more companies for reviews as well as shown how to write a proper disclaimer for these purposes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful basic guide to blogging, 5 Dec. 2012
A. Chipman (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blogging For Dummies (Paperback)
I have very little blogging experience and this book is an easy-to-follow guide for launching your own blog. For the beginner, it's extremely useful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Starter tool, 8 July 2013
M. Foster "Viking Mike" (Londinium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blogging For Dummies (Paperback)
A good start in the blogging field. I could have got the info from the web but am still not 100% keyed into that

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for newbie bloggers., 7 May 2013
This review is from: Blogging For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought this book to help me get started in my blogging career. It shares the same simple and easily understood format as the other Dummies books which is always of benefit when it comes to technical matters and is greatly appreciated by someone like me who does not always have the best relationship with technology. It guides you through the different stages of setting up a blog with useful advice on how to avoid the pitfalls before you encounter them. I have to admit I am a fan of the Dummies books and this one is no exception. If you are looking to monetise your blog this is a good starting point before you move onto one of the more specialist publications around making money from blogs.

Blogging For Dummies
Blogging For Dummies by Shane Birley (Paperback - 9 Feb. 2012)
Used & New from: £5.67