4.0 out of 5 stars Book, Camera, Action!
The big attraction of this series of "for Dummies" books is that we who buy these products have little respect for our own knowledge and plenty of respect for those who do and are able to write books like this.

Published on 1 July 2012 by Ned Middleton

2.0 out of 5 stars Hardwork
Published 15 months ago by Catherine

4.0 out of 5 stars Book, Camera, Action!, 1 July 2012
Ned Middleton (British professional underwater photo-journalist & author) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

I am currently converting from film photography to digital photography and some aspects are quite daunting. I have, therefore, purchased several books and tutorial DVDs on the subject and am working my way through them all. The title of this product suggests it is the right place to start and, on reflection, is exactly where I should have started. For those of you, who like me, are converting to digital for the first time, grab your camera and a copy of this book and work your way through from cover to cover until you are conversant with the new technology. It really will give you a good grounding.

That, however, will only work very well if you are already conversant with photography. If you are new to photography altogether and a digital SLR camera is your very first camera, you may have to learn a few basic lessons of, for example, the correlation between film speeds, shutter speeds and aperture settings - which really do need to be understood, before you study this book.

David Busch clearly knows what he is talking about and is able to put that knowledge into an easy-to-follow format for us Dummies to read and, as I say, I wish I had read this book before getting into some of the more technical tomes I also purchased.

NM

2.0 out of 5 stars Hardwork, 21 May 2013
This review is from: Digital SLR Cameras & Photography For Dummies (Paperback)
Having purchased a new dslr I was eager understand and start using it. But gosh is this book hardwork. I seemed to have been reading for days and all there is theory, options, why you bought, what you might have bought, what you could have bought, what it was like before and why it might be better than your point and shoot. I was so bored by this point that I bought a second book by a different author who just gets on with the job of teaching you how to use your camera.

Think twice before purchasing this book, there are better ones around. Or maybe I just didn't like his style if writing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Digital SLR Cameras and Photography for Dummies, 21 April 2012
Bought this book after seeing good reviews, wish I had'nt, having just bought an dSLR and knowing nothing about photography, I bought this book hoping to teach me abit about it, after the first chapter I was bored, all it seemed to do was compare the SLR against a "point and shoot" camera comparing the focals and such like against each other and so on, but not explaining what each was, so at the end of the chapter I was no wiser, this book is not for dummies but for somebody who knows something about photography and cameras, a very unwise buy as far as I was concerned.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 15 Jun 2013
This handy book for beginners gives useful information to help you get to know your camera in an easy to read format.

4.0 out of 5 stars dummy, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Digital SLR Cameras & Photography For Dummies (Paperback)
have only started to read the book but so far it is very easy to read and understand what is written

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: Digital SLR Cameras & Photography For Dummies (Paperback)
This is a great book to use as a reference library, keep coming back to it for more info as you develop your photgraphy skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: Digital SLR Cameras & Photography For Dummies (Paperback)
helped my partner understand her SLR perfectly.

1.0 out of 5 stars kindle dummy, 18 July 2013
really disappointed with this book.. downloaded on kindle... 90* of images not able to see baaaad purchase.. first ever baaad one
confusing.. and not what its supposed to be... just wish id read the reviews first ! whose the dummy then !!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not basic enough, 27 Feb 2013
A good book but you do need some basic knowledge to start with. If you nothing about digital SLR's choose another book to help with the basics first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 18 Jan 2013
Very informative book and easy to understand would recommend to anyone bought for Kindle it would probably be better paperback.

Digital SLR Cameras & Photography For Dummies
Digital SLR Cameras & Photography For Dummies by David D. Busch (Paperback - 10 Nov 2011)
9.99