Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 February 2013
Just the thing if,. like me, you purchased a computer with Windows 8 and are now regretting it! It will guide you through the complexities of Windows 8 and enable you to cope with that operating system. Bettter still though, if you are thinking of getting a new computer, stick with Windows 7!
on 30 August 2013
I loved windows seven but new laptop is windows eight, this is a big help to help newbies get to grip with eight.also ideal for the folks who hve never tried a computer before. it will be ideal to give u the confidence to dip into techies...maybe a nice prezzie for your older relatives?
on 18 November 2013
I foung out that I already knew quite a lot of the info I was looking to find.
Windows 8 for Dummies is good for those who need to make use of all the features of W 8. It did not go as far as I hoped in tackling the problems I am experiencing with this over-facilitated software.
on 12 March 2013
The Book was up to my expectations as usual with Andys Publications however I was dissappointed in the Quality of the DVD. I guess one cannot expect too much as I had hoped to get much more from this.Otherwise very satisfied with my purchase
Regards,
Russell J. Evans
on 29 April 2014
Very helpful but just takes a little patience for a Yorkshire chap to fully understand some of the Americanisms in the text.
Also formatting of some pages on my Kindle Fire are rather confusing.
Finally I still think this is the best Windows 8 book for me.
BG
on 8 February 2013
Is it really so long ago that I used Andy Rathbone`s book to make the transition to Windows 3.1 easy?
I have been a fan of Windows for Dummies Books for years and this latest one which only arrived this week is helping me to get to grips with this latest Windows 8.
on 15 September 2013
I bought a new desktop with Windows 8 on it. It took me ages to understand the basics given the new start page and lack of the Win 7 start button. I really struggled until this book arrived, it's made so much difference I can hardly credit it. Absolutely wonderful !!
on 22 August 2013
For somebody who had no intention of changing from Windows XP, l believe l have done the correct move by going to Windows 7
& Windows 8. Windows 8 For Dummies is so easy to follow, that anyone should be able to master Windows 8 practically immediately.
on 11 May 2013
I've only used the book twice but this is 2 times that I didn't know how to do something so it has already proved its usefulness in my opinion. Not a book you would read from cover to cover, nor even flick through but as a reference book it is excellent.
on 24 February 2014
I only received this at lunch time but already I have learned loads of tips and tricks to make 8 so much easier. Ideal for those who prefer to be shown rather than try and work it out. Quick and easy to learn from the book. I have yet to open the DVD.