5.0 out of 5 stars Really good book even for non-newbie
Published 13 months ago by Totinen Torvensoittaja

2.0 out of 5 stars book OK
having tried to download the CD for over two weeks I gave up. get to 90% download then stops and you have to start again. tried over and over just the same.
wish I had got the book with the CD and not Kindle.
Published 10 months ago by G-Reed

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good book even for non-newbie, 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: Saxophone For Dummies (Paperback)
After playing sax as a hobby more than 8 years (I started this at the age of 45y :-)) I find this book very very insipiring and helpful, giving me good tips how and what to practise. I maybe made a mistake (see the "bomb" at page 18) when getting also a baritone sax in addition to my tenor sax 3 years ago. But a baritone sax player was really needed in our orchestra (there already were enough tenor sax players), and I play the tenor sax in much smaller group as the only woodwind or horn player. After these few years I still prefer my tenor sax the best of them, the closest of my heart, and now - with the help of this inspiring book - I will now start for the basics again: right playing posture, better breathing technic... After trying many mouthpieces, I must admit that the most important instrument is the player itself. I really recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 5 Jun 2012
This review is from: Saxophone For Dummies (Paperback)
This is a brilliant book! Even at the level I am at, begining beginner it is excellent, predicting common mistakes using clear easy to understand language. Would definately recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars I certainly am a dummy., 21 April 2013
This review is from: Saxophone For Dummies (Paperback)
This book is great all i wanted and expect to learn a great deal from it,looking foreward to playing along with the cd rom provided.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising coverage!, 29 Mar 2013
John Pooley (St Albans, Herts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Saxophone For Dummies (Paperback)
A really useful purchase. It covers absolutely everything, sometimes in too much detail, but better to hvetoo much than too little.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right, 5 Oct 2013
This dummie needed all the help he could get. Once again Amazon to the rescue, maybe they should be called International Amazon. Do they have a Green rescue plane?

2.0 out of 5 stars book OK, 22 Jun 2013
wish I had got the book with the CD and not Kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent publication, 31 Mar 2013
This review is from: Saxophone For Dummies (Paperback)
Extremely useful and full of sensible advice. As a beginner to the instrument I find it is a valuabnle source of inspiration

5.0 out of 5 stars not for dummies, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: Saxophone For Dummies (Paperback)
dummies for mac worked so tried this one 1st class will always use these books for all new items brill

5.0 out of 5 stars sax learning, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Saxophone For Dummies (Paperback)
A good guide to learning to play saxophone but can be a touch technical for the novice, good for the learner and the accomplished

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Good!, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Saxophone For Dummies (Paperback)
I needed a book that was newer than written in the 50's/60's (there don't see to be many around!) and that was written for me - a complete novice. Good explanations about whatever it is that you want to know, and you can go ahead to play your first note as soon as you want to, or read all the background information, the choice is yours. And it's everything in one book too - music tuition along with playing tuition. I'd certainly recommend it.

ARRAY(0xa7623780)

Saxophone For Dummies
Saxophone For Dummies by Michael Villmow (Paperback - 27 Dec 2011)
11.55