Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 December 2013
This was the sole study book I used to prepare for the Security+ exam, and with only limited security experience; I walked out of the exam after 30 minutes after passing by a mile. The book's cd comes with flashcards, practice exams and a pdf of the book, exactly what you'd need for study on the go (I use public transport a lot, and love revising sections on the train).

I also feel that rather than be an "exam focused" book, it also provide a nice amount of background knowledge, giving you a better understanding to the "why" rather than just prepping you to sit specific questions and scrape a pass in the exam without understanding the subject matter.

It's given me the confidence to go onto start the SSCP (which I'm studying for now) and C|EH (next year).

The book itself is light enough to carry around if you don't like reading off pads or smart phones, the text is a good size, and the diagrams are clean, clear and concise without any excess or bloat, nice and to the point.

I'd recommend this for anyone with an interest in learning about the fundamentals of IT security, both with our without the exam itself on your mind.
on 13 May 2014
I recently had to complete both the CompTIA N+ and S+ exams for my job. This book was my only reference material for the S+ and i passed the exam with a score of 895. Well written, well presented and contains everything you need to get this certificate.

Buy it now
on 21 November 2012
BUT! does not have full coverage material for the Security + exam.... please take note.... great for supplemental reading and no regrets purchasing it. If you want to really pass you need Darril Gobson's book which can be purchased on Amazon... Good luck!
on 15 January 2013
This has proven to be a useful study guide during my course and in the build up to my exam