5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon D7000 for Dummies
A great book, much easier on the eye and on the brain than the Nikon camera`s hand book. If I`ve got a spare few mins between busy this and busy that I like to pick up the book and open at just any page and take in the info, the camera it`s self is quite a technical chunk to take on board even for a fairly experienced amature but this book explains it perfectly.
Published on 11 Oct 2011 by Bodkin

3.0 out of 5 stars not such a dummy
this book doesnt really expand on the manual, but it is a little clearer. covers most of the important functions but didnt tell me much more than i already knew.great buy for the novice dslr buyer, not so good for those with experience.
Published on 27 Nov 2011 by evan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon D7000 for Dummies, 11 Oct 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 16 Aug 2011
This review is from: Nikon D7000 For Dummies (Paperback)
This book should be with all nikon d7000s when sold.It simplifies the manual and like all manuals they can be off putting at times.
The advice the photographs the tips and the warnings are all worth the price.
She really takes you around the camera settings and programmes and before long you will be snapping with confidence.
Silver Breeze.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 6 May 2011
C. Oliver (UK) - See all my reviews
A brilliant book, full of information aimed at both the first time dSLR user to the more serious photographer. Written in simple to read and understand prose, interlaced with both practical advice for settings and humorous quips to help the reader understand some of the more esoteric aspects of digital photography. This Kindle edition does lose out in some ways because obviously it's in "black and white" and so too are the pictures, where it is somewhat difficult to see the detail of such things as artefacts and colour casts. The camera menus are easily read even though they are unable to be rescaled with text but they can be enlarged by changing to landscape mode, should you find it necessary to do so, which also helps with the pictures.
The reading experience for me is great: no more opening the Nikon User Manual to put it down on the desk where it immediately closes itself when I turn my attention back to the camera; no more fumbling with both hands turning pages. I can have the camera in front of me and the Kindle to one side where I can turn pages with one hand and operate the camera with the other - absolute joy. I'm still learning to use the Kindle properly but even after a short time I find reading and using this type of book easy. PDFs are a different matter as not all can be converted (but that's another story). I would thoroughly recommend this book for both beginners to digital photography and to those more experienced but new to the D7000. Also, based upon this book, I would have no hesitation in buying any other book written by Julie Adair King.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, clear guide to the camera, 3 Jun 2013
Blaise F. Egan "blaisefegan" (East Anglia, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon D7000 For Dummies (Paperback)
Very well organised and written. Lots of practical advice. Not afraid to say which features she does not have a use for. Everything I would want in a guide for a camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars IDEAL FOR THIS DUMMY, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Nikon D7000 For Dummies (Paperback)
Call me a dummy if you like but I have found "NIKON D7000 FOR DUMMIES" very useful. I have always been a Nikon fan and decided to trade up by buying a D7000. because I wanted to up my game and develop my photographic skills. I was more than a little daunted by the challenge and I wondered whether I had taken a leap too far.

However, having researched several of the guides that covered the camera I opted for "DUMMIES" as it seemed to be just what I wanted. I have been working slowly through the book and although I have not yet gone right the way through it I have not been disappointed with the contents. It is written in clear, simple language so that even a dummy like me can get my head around the handling of the D7000. If you are a photographic expert this is not the book for you. However, if you want a plain and simple guide that will lead the average amateur through the mysteries of the D7000 then this is the guide for you. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, but..., 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: Nikon D7000 For Dummies (Paperback)
My only comment would be that, it's a fantastic book and covers the camera's menus, shooting techniques & concepts from the novice to advanced user. However, the first (probably) half of the book covers far too much 'auto-mode'. Now by this I mean, if you bought a D7000 you should know a certain amount of the basics and I feel it's a waste of paper and should be in a general DSLR photography text. And yes, I know it's got the word dummies on the front!
I'd give it 8/10 honestly. Has helped me a great deal,

3.0 out of 5 stars not such a dummy, 27 Nov 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars A helpful guide, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Nikon D7000 For Dummies (Paperback)
An excellent very informative book which is explained in in complicated terms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots to learn, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Nikon D7000 For Dummies (Paperback)
This book will take you through just about everything you will ever find useful with your camera in an easy to understand way. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars better than the camera instuction manual, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Nikon D7000 For Dummies (Paperback)
essential reading material i find the camera manuals to be not as user friendly as this publication with the tips and advice it contains. when ever i get a new camera i immediately source a "for dummies" publication essential book shame the camera companies do not provide a copy when selling their cameras.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Nikon D7000 For Dummies
Nikon D7000 For Dummies by Julie Adair King (Paperback - 28 Jan 2011)
14.95