5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly excellent
As someone who once understood HTML I found the start of this book somewhat slow and almost thought it a triumph of design over substance; how wrong I was! Once I moved onto CSC (which I bought the book for) I realised that the gentle introduction had served as the basis for a thorough explanation of concepts that I had never understood before.

An excellent...
Published 18 months ago by Tony Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Should be renamed to "Beginners guide to HTML and CSS"
I am a full time professional software developer mostly server development but I like to keep up to date and wanted to refresh my average HTML and CSS skills. Since reviews were overwhelmingly positive and the book covered HTML5 and CSS3 I thought it would suit me but I was wrong.

The book is very light on detail, listing pages and pages of tags mostly one per...
Published 16 months ago by Mr. Shawn A. Vader

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly excellent, 22 Oct 2012
Tony Jones "Tony" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: HTML & CSS: Design and Build Web Sites (Paperback)

An excellent (and attractive) book which really serves as a solid introduction for anyone that cares about look and feel of their website

5.0 out of 5 stars no jargon at all - a new way of learning code, 2 Feb 2012
This review is from: HTML & CSS: Design and Build Web Sites (Paperback)
How has this book managed to teach pure code - pure technical language - without any of the jargon? This book really could take you from nothing to expert in HTML & CSS. Also really useful for pros who need to get up to speed on HTML5 & CSS3 integration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: HTML & CSS: Design and Build Web Sites (Paperback)
Bought this for myself and it is self explanatory very easy to follow directions ..great for beginners..delivery was very quick..I am very satisfied and would highly recommended it to anyone... you got my 5 * ....

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: HTML & CSS: Design and Build Web Sites (Paperback)
this book has practicaly become my bible since i started learning html and css at uni, it is clear and easy to follow, i like how it builds on more and more as you go further into the book, must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic guide!, 24 Sep 2012
This review is from: HTML & CSS: Design and Build Web Sites (Paperback)
I've browsed a couple of books in bookshops relating to HTML and CSS and i'd not really been able to find one that was able to break it down into such bitesize pieces as this.

The book is very thoughtfully laid out, with an easy to navigate and read layout and a very enticing format too.

I can safely say this is much better than most other books out there, even the 'For Dummies' books!

Definitely recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply sublime!, 25 Jun 2012
Simon Mansfield "Siyfion" (Cardiff, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTML & CSS: Design and Build Web Sites (Paperback)
Possibly the best technical book I've ever read, bar none. The information is present in a fluid and interesting way, emphasising the key points and not over-complicating things at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for beginners and a very good reference book, 11 Sep 2013
This review is from: HTML & CSS: Design and Build Web Sites (Paperback)
I decided that i would learn to code so i first went to codecademy.com. I thought i had learnt alot but when i went to actually try and make a website from scratch i couldnt. So I decided to buy a book and see if i would learn better from it. And i can honestly say i have. The book is well written and i love the way he gives small snippets of code and then at the end puts it all together. Its an excellent reference book aswell. If you are a beginner and want to learn to code, this is the perfect book to get. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book for learning HTML and CSS., 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: HTML & CSS: Design and Build Web Sites (Paperback)
Really is a good book for learning HTML and CSS, most other books are complicated and badly written. This guy (Jon Duckett) has made it fun, and the website that accompanies the book provides good insight of how the CSS and HTML works.

Really love this book.

Save yourself time and don't bother with other books, this one does it all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: HTML & CSS: Design and Build Web Sites (Paperback)
The Best book that i have read for HTML and CSS, i recommended, and by the way very good price!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginner level, but a pure joy - I'm a programmer and it was perfect for me., 24 Nov 2012
Kevin (OMAGH, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTML & CSS: Design and Build Web Sites (Paperback)
Sometimes I get bogged down in programming manuals, and I wish sometimes that there were more manuals like this. Even though I can code, my HTML is dodgy and I needed to take the plunge and learn HTML and (maybe more important these days) CSS.

This book is a welcome change from just about any other book. It is lovingly designed, easy to read, and the format, though aimed at the beginner, is also fine for the intermediate user. The reason I think I can say this is that, because of the way it reads, it sinks in to your memory. Other courses I have done in the past I have simply forgotten with the passage of time, but this book really imprints the knowledge in your head.

In fact I would say the book is actually a work of art in itself, and I really handle it with care as it feels more like an item of art than a text book - just wait until you see it. Jon Duckett has really put his heart and soul into this, whilst keeping it clean and accessible.

The structure of how HTML and then CSS is laid out in a form that is as much an easy read as a manual and I really didn't mind getting out my text editor and having a go at the examples as I went along. This is significant for me as HTML and CSS usually bore me to tears.

At last I have found a book I can learn from. And if I can learn from it then I reckon anyone can, young or old, beginner or computer programmer. At only 10 for over 500 pages it was also really good value, especially considering it is in full colour. I actually look forward to lending this to someone the way I would for a great novel I'd read that I wanted to share.

If you are confused about what book to pick up to learn HTML5/CSS3 then I don't think you can go wrong with this. It is a superb book and the best I have seen on the subject.

ARRAY(0xa6b2387c)

HTML & CSS: Design and Build Web Sites
HTML & CSS: Design and Build Web Sites by Jon Duckett (Paperback - 18 Nov 2011)
13.01