on 24 April 2012
I bought this book before moving to Bermuda five months ago. In the planning stages I thought it was great; there is a wealth of information on etiquette and getting around the island,with really good maps. However when I got to Bermuda I realised that a lot of the content is considerably out of date. The book talks about retaurants that no longer exist (and talking to locals, haven't for many years), and has prices for trips and attractions that are considerably lower than the true cost. There are also instances where restaurants are placed in the wrong parish; Mickey's Bar at Elbow Beach is described as being in Hamilton Parish, whereas Lido (also at Elbow Beach) is correctly listed in Paget. Small things like this can, and will confuse the first time visitor.
on 6 May 2012
Poor value. So much more to the island than this book, published for the American tourist, offered. I would not purchas from this series again.Frommer's Bermuda 2012 (Frommer's Complete Guides)