Format: HardcoverChange

Having followed Phineas Finn through his earlier ups and downs it is a real pleasure to see him again. I love his quirkiness. He is such an unlikely hero, in that he moves in the world of politics and power but always tries to remain true to himself and his struggles are fascinating. He is so human because you can see how tempted he is and how many demons he has to fight. This novel has a fitting end to his struggles with love blossoming with the equally unconvential Madame Max. The characters in this series get better and better and my favourite, Lady Glencora, gets a great role in this book.
0Comment11 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 June 2015
Excellent performance by Timothy West. Rambling story but I am not in any rush to get anywhere these days
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 December 2010
Although I am a great fan of Trollope's work, I feel that in this book he recycles themes he has used in earlier novels i.e. foxhunting, the political landscape and a great trial(in fact Mr Chaffanbrass the lawyer first appears in the Three Clerks which I read just before this novel and I preferred). Even the central romance seems laboured. In my view, Phineas Redux would have benefited from some editing as at times Trollope rambles on a bit! At present, I have still to read the two remaining novels in the Palliser series but I much prefer the Barchester novels which I believe to be much sharper and wittier.
on 13 August 2011
I cannot, by giving one star, say that I hate this book. I adore Trollope and am thoroughly enjoying reading it. The book itself, rated as in a Very Good state simply fell apart as I turned the pages.
11 comment2 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse