on 9 April 2014
English is my first language but I had to take an IELTS test for immigration purposes.

I found this book really helpful in getting back into the swing of taking tests, I've not done one in many years. I did silly things like writing the whole answer out instead of just the corresponding letter. I'm really thankful I made this kind of silly mistake on my test papers and not have to resit the test (to the tune of £145).

I also did all the free papers that are available online. In the end I got an 8.5 overall, the highest you can get is a 9.Clearly this book can't teach you how to spell...
on 1 June 2013
Brief and straight to the point. Great stuff!
The book covered all the basic areas and the sample questions were quite relevant. I registered for the exam with only a week to go, went through the book within that week and managed to get a 7.5 grade in the exam!
on 5 October 2013
As a teacher I found this book really useful. My only comment would be perhaps a clearer directive as to exactly what grammar is expected in the exam so that the teacher can plan lessons in specifically targeted areas that may be weak. But you can work it out so overall really good.
on 17 October 2013
This serie of books are obviously the most authoritative material to help pass the exam. I like the style of it.
on 8 December 2014
As a book it is super great but I wish they mentioned it doesn't come with the audio cd because I ended up studying it without touching any of the listening sections because I didn't have the audio cd and when I looked it up it was even more expensive than the book itself, that wasn't really a pleasant surprise but I had another book that I practiced the listening section from.

The most helpful thing for me was the writing section in that book and I think that's probably what makes it different than the other book or exercises I did online
on 19 August 2014
I was not expecting that it would be delivered so early just after dispatching few days. I'm very happy . The book with CD is new and really helpful in improving my skills how to do ielts .
Previously, I did my test with the help of Cambridge ielts self study set and achieved 6.5 band. I hope this time , I ll be able to get more as the book is advanced .
on 3 June 2014
Excellent self study material. No teacher required if the student is really dedicated in getting the mark he wants. More attention to grammar exercises I would suggest as they develop a basis for language learning. Audio exercises are very clear and understandable.
on 17 February 2015
Really useful book, contains 4 tests. Although, there is no CD or DVD added, so had to improvise with the listening part. You can find these tests on youtube, but it would have been nice to have some kind of information about that...
on 11 January 2014
This book is the best and worst. It has just 4 tests as usual which is hardly anything and the price is high for what it provides. When the book comes out, it is already 6 months behind and it doesn't provide models for speaking like another set of Cambridge books do (not this series). I am sick of Cambridge cheating people with this garbage formula and I wasted good money on this. Stop cheating people and write a proper book. It says on the cover - with answers. Their model answers for writing are limited to certain bands. It needs to improve, but hasn't. Do not give this book a good grade unless you want to see them doing the same rubbish for book 10. If you want a book with more tests, consider the Official IELTS test book by Peter May - purple colour. There are more tests in it and more answers. Ciao.
on 7 February 2015
HOW CAN YOU LET ME DO LISTENING TEST WITHOUT ANY LISTENING CD INCLUDES, BY READING YOUR APPENDIX LISTENING ARTICLE???