5.0 out of 5 stars Great for getting into the swing of things
English is my first language but I had to take an IELTS test for immigration purposes.

Published 8 months ago by Janet

3.0 out of 5 stars It is Ok but question is, is this worth paying £33.88?
There are not much different compare with 8,7 or older versions. However It includes 2 cds, there is question arising that it is worth to pay £33.88.
Published 18 months ago by sats

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for getting into the swing of things, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Cambridge IELTS 9 Self-study Pack (Student's Book with Answers and Audio CDs (2)): Authentic Examination Papers from Cambridge ESOL (IELTS Practice Tests) (Audio CD)

I found this book really helpful in getting back into the swing of taking tests, I've not done one in many years. I did silly things like writing the whole answer out instead of just the corresponding letter. I'm really thankful I made this kind of silly mistake on my test papers and not have to resit the test (to the tune of £145).

I also did all the free papers that are available online. In the end I got an 8.5 overall, the highest you can get is a 9.Clearly this book can't teach you how to spell...

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful resource for teaching., 5 Oct 2013
As a teacher I found this book really useful. My only comment would be perhaps a clearer directive as to exactly what grammar is expected in the exam so that the teacher can plan lessons in specifically targeted areas that may be weak. But you can work it out so overall really good.

5.0 out of 5 stars IELTS 9, 1 Jun 2013
Brief and straight to the point. Great stuff!
The book covered all the basic areas and the sample questions were quite relevant. I registered for the exam with only a week to go, went through the book within that week and managed to get a 7.5 grade in the exam!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful material for my test, 17 Oct 2013
This serie of books are obviously the most authoritative material to help pass the exam. I like the style of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm very happy. The book with CD is new and really ..., 19 Aug 2014
I was not expecting that it would be delivered so early just after dispatching few days. I'm very happy . The book with CD is new and really helpful in improving my skills how to do ielts .
Previously, I did my test with the help of Cambridge ielts self study set and achieved 6.5 band. I hope this time , I ll be able to get more as the book is advanced .

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for self study, 3 Jun 2014
Excellent self study material. No teacher required if the student is really dedicated in getting the mark he wants. More attention to grammar exercises I would suggest as they develop a basis for language learning. Audio exercises are very clear and understandable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book but watch out NO AUDIO CD INCLUDED!!!!, 8 Dec 2014
As a book it is super great but I wish they mentioned it doesn't come with the audio cd because I ended up studying it without touching any of the listening sections because I didn't have the audio cd and when I looked it up it was even more expensive than the book itself, that wasn't really a pleasant surprise but I had another book that I practiced the listening section from.

The most helpful thing for me was the writing section in that book and I think that's probably what makes it different than the other book or exercises I did online

3.0 out of 5 stars It is Ok but question is, is this worth paying £33.88?, 10 Jun 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Is this real?, 30 April 2014
Contents are the exact same as real one I think, but papers of all pages are thin and CDs are just copy which I may be able to make myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars NO CD?, 14 Feb 2014
WHY NOT CD IN THE PACKAGE?
I NEED CD TO TRAINING MY LISTENING, BUT I CAN NOT SEE ANY CD IN MY PACKAGE!