5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Jan. 2015
ABShaef "ashaef" (Durham) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: An Experiment in Criticism (Canto Classics) (Paperback)
I simply love this book and I am happy to say that it proves Lewis's point about rereading good books quite well. Where 10+ years ago I found it difficult to understand in parts with some flashes of brilliance, upon reading it again I found it utterly brilliant and insightful through and through.

The questions he asks, "What do we mean when we say a book is good or bad?" "How do we judge between literature of quality and mere drivel?" And how he answers them by looking at the different ways people read books sheds helpful light on the way we think and talk about books. I could rave and rave about this book, but I won't. I'll just leave it at that and say, if you have an interest in books, and if you're reading this I'll assume you do, do yourself a favor and pick this one up. It's wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars I must have read this years ago, and am delighted to be able to again., 20 July 2013
corporaljones (Just the wrong side of the Border) - See all my reviews
This review is from: An Experiment in Criticism (Canto Classics) (Paperback)
Having just read the McGrath Biography of C.S. Lewis, I thought I should acquaint/re-acquaint myself with his writing, and am glad I did.

An Experiment in Criticism (Canto Classics)
An Experiment in Criticism (Canto Classics) by C. S. Lewis (Paperback - 26 Mar. 2012)