Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 May 2012
I bought this book to revise for a post-graduate level course on jus ad bellum and it was great tool for revision. I particularly liked that the book explained all concepts in a very detailed manner using clear examples. Furthermore, I liked that the book also covers contemporary debates about the international law on the use of force which is a good starting point if one wants to gain a deeper insight into the contemporary research agenda of the field.

A downside is that the book sometimes remains almost too technical and theoretical and therefore quite detached from the real world and if at all only discusses US/Israeli practice in the field. Thus, I would not recommend it as the sole study guide for the field but would say that its lecture needs to be complemented by other works.

Another great aspect is that the book is available for Kindle, which makes it a lot more convenient to read and carry around!
on 8 January 2015
A must have for public international law students!!
on 5 April 2010
I don't know what happened this time, I mean, I've buying from amazon for a while and this is the first time that I had to wait over a month to get my book.
I hope this is the exception to the rule.

the book is magnific, is perfect for my dissertation.. smply, a good choice.
on 29 January 2009
This book is a must for all those studying International Law and the Use of Force!