5.0 out of 5 stars Top read for all., 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: Sally's Diary: Leaving Home in the 1970s Peterborough-Cardiff-Birmingham (Paperback)
What an enjoyable read.
My wife and I grew up in this era although we started a little bit earlier.
It is amazing how there are so many similarities, even though we are in different countries.
So many sections had us both reminiscing. We both laughed at many amusing things, but the best laugh was reading about Sally learning to swim. In Australia, we take swimming for granted and don't ever remember not being able to swim.
A really enjoyable read, both for people that lived in that era and for the many that came later so they can appreciate the times we had and the way technology has forged ahead.
So good I bough a second copy for my sister-in-law.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Readable, funny, and life in the 1970's, 14 July 2014
A very readable, funny, book, charting Sally's life as a young woman in the 1970's. From Peterborough, to Cardiff to Birmingham, from manual typewriter to a golf ball typewriter. For those of us who didn't live in the 70's, an insight into life then, and for those that did a trip down memory lane.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book. Couldn't put it down until I had ..., 20 July 2014
Great book. Couldn't put it down until I had finished it. Brought back memories of my youth that I had totally forgotten. It took me on a journey with the writer through her day to day life and written in such an amusing manner that kept me interested right until the end. First class.

Sally's Diary: Leaving Home in the 1970s Peterborough-Cardiff-Birmingham