on 3 May 2015
Its a bit of an advert for their equipment, but its also a good clear recipe book. Some of them (egg-related mostly) are a bit pointless, since I'm not sure that the sous vide adds anything to the process; and don't think that using s sous vide gets round the kg / time question. I had some, um, not perfect results when the amounts of meat were not the same as the recipe; and I didn't know by how much to adjust it. Overall, though, its a good recipe book and a useful addition.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 April 2015
Excellent book and it's in metric. It has become one of of my must have references although I've probably only actually followed half a dozen recipes to the letter! It's a well laid out book with clear instructions that are easy to follow and will set you on the path of wanting to experiment with your boil in the bag cooking and it gives you just the right amount of other background inform you need to get you going freestyle.
on 3 August 2015
Just downloaded kindle edition as instructions with the Lakeland sous vide dont seem to work out - timings and temperatures are not right! I like the facts and information - hopefully this books instructions will produce results! Enjoying the food but it's all taking a lot longer than the basic instructions book!
on 16 May 2015
Very informative with a good range of recipes to get started on.
on 25 June 2014
I was hoping for something a bit more technical, a bit more detailed. I wanted generic information that I could apply to my cooking. The recipes are good and do outline principles that I can apply to other dishes.
on 1 October 2014
Very good book on the subject however too many of the recipes require an extremely expensive chamber vacuum packer rather than the no chamber type more commonly found in domestic environment
on 11 January 2016
The book arrived promptly Ams sensibly packadged, it's a very comprehensive book, lots of recipes and easy to read instructions, my only criticism is that none of the recipes state how many they will feed,
on 8 June 2014
I have purchased several and this one is definitely the best. It refers to English cuts of meat and not American, it has nice illustrations, precise cooking times and also re-heat times (which none of the other books I have purchased so far have).
My only quibble is the price of this book which I think is self published by Sous Vide (couldn't order it in book shops or the library). It is a lot of money by the time you add on postage but I am still glad I ordered it.
on 16 January 2016
What a fantastic book. Read it cover to cover and leant a huge amount about compressions and cures before even getting to the fantastic sous vide recipes. Highly recommended.
on 8 February 2014
Expensive (for me) but looks like it will be well worth it. Very happy with this purchase arrived today and looking forward to experimenting!