on 24 September 2014
Ian does a great job of explaining email marketing in a very engaging way. I particularly liked the way he illustrated the client persona.
Strongly recommend for anyone new to the topic or if not getting the results you want at present.
on 18 June 2014
Before I bought this book, I didn't think I'd ever be able to do email marketing. Two chapters into the book, I am fully confident about developing a successful campaign. One of the best books I've read in terms of ...everything.
on 9 December 2013
You can get a lot of free stuff on the internet about email marketing, but very little of it will give you what Ian's book contains. After 12 years in the marketing game, this is the first book I've seen that really shows you how to use email for marketing high value products and services. The other stuff merely covers email to market ebooks, consumer goods and low level internet marketing stuff. Ian is the real deal, and he knows what works through real live doing it, extensive research and honing the results to perfection. I'll be using this as my EMAIL MARKETING BIBLE, and if you're serious about making email work in a massive way to sell high end programs and big ticket products, you should to!
on 9 December 2013
I have been seriously impressed by Ian Brodie over the last two years. He's somebody who consistently emails me and has emails worth reading! The reason for that is that he adds value - content, ideas, insights - in his writing. And his book is no different. Personally, I have had big success using Linkedin, but having read his book I think I am missing a trick - I really should be using email marketing as well. He makes a strong and compelling case and then shows how. So, anyone interested in this field is not going to be disappointed. Ian oozes sincerity and his prose is really straight-talking all the way. I recommend you buy his book - you will find a cornucopia of ideas.
on 25 November 2013
Ian has well and truly hit the proverbial nail on the proverbial head with this book. This is not Email Persuasion for Dummies, this is Email Persuasion for Wannabees & Wannadoos. Pick this book up if you seriously want to enter into this world, or if you are already in this world and want either a reference book to seek guidance/answers to at anytime or you are not getting the results you are expecting using your model then this is the book for you. You will not need a degree in either business or Web speak to understand Ian's book. If you're procrastinating on whether to buy this book or not .... in the words of Nike "Just do it"".
on 9 December 2013
Great book. Full of practical tips, but the best bit about the book are the comments from Ian sharing his own experience and insights. For example (Ian talking about setting the opt-in for your mailing lists):

"While double opt-in is the safest bet for many people, I personally use single opt-in. I get close to zero spam reports (everyone gets some, even it it's just because it's easier to hit the spam button than to click unsubscribe)."

If you're the type of person that likes to learn from other people then this book is exactly what you need to get better at email marketing. Ian covers it all with his own learnings.
on 20 November 2013
Well written, well researched book into what works and how email marketing can work for all types of business. Taking you through how to get subscribers through to the options for email campaigns, title and content the book covers all you need to know to get started.

It focuses on using emails for developing relationships without losing the focus that you are probably reading this to assist with sales. The simple ideas on how to turn subscribers into different types of clients may force you to revisit your products or services - for the better in our opinion.
on 11 December 2013
I've learnt so much from Ian over the last few months about email marketing. In this book Ian not only shares why email marketing is such a powerful marketing strategy (that many people miss) he also clearly explains how to give value to readers and the process to put in place so you convert readers into paying clients. The book is packed with many practical examples, action lists and resources that make it easy to implement what you learn too. Thanks Ian for sharing all your valuable knowledge with us!
on 28 November 2013
Ian's book is packed full of ideas and techniques that you can easily and immediately apply to improve your marketing results. It is written in plain and simple English and he has an engaging style of writing that I really enjoyed.
The book provides a simple step-by-step and common sense guide to clearly show how you can build an extensive list of subscribers and convert them into paying clients.
I would recommend this book to anyone who wishes to attract more clients to their business.
on 4 June 2014
Buy this book you won't regret it.I highly recommend it .Compelling and seductive content,I am thinking to buy more books from this author